Future Is Bright: Phase 3 - Studio Beta

Believe it or not, I’m on a great pc, RTX 2080 TI and all, and it still lags for me, despite all that it really shows how flawed FIB is.

4 Likes

FIB is still very new. It has just been released and there are certainly improvements to be made.
The best we can do is provide Roblox engineers bugs and issues so they can try to fix them.

4 Likes

Honestly amazing

18 Likes

The new lighting can really change a lot, the two comparisons look unbelievable!

3 Likes

You could always change it back to shadow map instead of future

2 Likes

Doesn’t lag for me, which is weird because I’m on a mac

3 Likes

Exactly lol

a ticking timebomb is getting closer to the ground every day

1 Like

The last phase has been released! See here: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/future-is-bright-phase-3-released/878634/1

2 Likes

I’m late to test this out but, here are some results I got from the Future technology

Note: I used a free model super car for this test

6 Likes

Wanted to show a scene with future lighting:

the badcc doll, chair and mouse are free models/UGC Item and all credit for it goes to the creator(s)

8 Likes

I really would like to learn how to use this effectively and how to achieve excellent results. Any idea how can I learn it and if there is someone willing to teach me for Robux, please contact me. Hopefully you will give me a good price. Thanks.

3 Likes

I don’t know if you already solved the issue but if you moved the light emitter outside of the mesh using an attachment the weird shadows will stop, its caused by the lighting glitching while trying to cast shadows from the gun.

I dunno how it happens, but I actually fixed it once. I forgot how to do it, but I think you may want to see if it happens with “Eager Bulk Execution” or not. Enable/disable it in Studio settings in “Rendering.”

1 Like

I’m attempting to utilize PBR but the frustration is insane. Not only do my specular layers get moderated at an absolutely insane rate, but moderation doesn’t seem to understand this feature and thinks the images are blank or broken.

Roblox image moderation directly conflicts with the way specular layers work.
How is Roblox going to compensate for this so we don’t all end up banned?

9 texture moderations in one day and the moderator in appeals doesn’t even have a clue, they think the specular layers are blank or broken images.

This feature will not work as it currently stands. It’ll just get everyone using it banned and/or destroy our workflow just dealing with the hassle of the moderation rates.

EDIT: Note that since retroactive moderation has been a thing lately. With the moderation rate on these images (I’m experiencing about 50%~ moderated) it’s very likely that even the ones that squeeze through will be broken by moderation in the future.

2 Likes

Really annoying bug. I feel you.
I don’t think it calculates if you’re in a outside area or a inside area correctly. If you wait a bit, you’ll probably see the lighting go normal. Hopefully this gets fixed.

2 Likes

When is ROBLOX gonna release an official tutorial on this?

1 Like

There’s no need for one. Works the same as the old one but looks better in every way possible.

2 Likes

Game > Lighting > Technology > Future

1 Like

I’ve noticed that in some cases, it doesn’t even look at all similar on different graphics levels. I know lower-end devices can’t handle rendering as much, but surely there’s some way for Roblox to make it not look drastically different, right? I can try to fake it by changing some PointLight properties when a user’s graphics quality changes, but there’s only so much you can do with that, not to mention the fact that it’s impossible to get the player’s graphics quality when it’s set to Automatic. I really hope there will be something to help make it look at least somewhat similar across graphics settings soon.

Graphics Level 1:

Graphics Level 21:

5 Likes

Are you making custom PBR or taking them off of sites? Some sites have hidden watermarks picked up by bots, some are too heavy for the system to process which is why they’re moderated.

1 Like