Game Advertising 101

Um, I guess Ima just put the game here and see if you like it? I’ve been wondering if it is attractive. (I mean, I’ve gotten 1+ players each day so far.)

I’ll try to do that next time I advertise.

Should I still do this though?

I’ll take a look tomorrow and get back to you!

I’m looking for your opinion on this ad, is this a ad that will probably get me good CTR?

I made this game this year, close to February, when I was sort of a noob on studio.
I think this is basic, and simple. I really hope this does good for me and my game. (I’m not a really good artist and I do not have enough robux to hire someone to make a good ad.)

Hey! Could you show some examples of ads that get you above 1.5-2? Many of my ads don’t get above 1, and I’m not sure what to change.

Hey I left some examples of some Clickbaity/High CTR Advertisements on this Resource Post, find them there. What you want to aim for is an advertisements that can have some relation to your community/game but that at the same time targets your demographic audience.

Hey @Alexgamer1615YT , best thing you can do is run some market research on the advertisement, by running 1,000 on it and seeing what CTR it returns.

As for the game design, the best thing I can offer you is this resource guide that goes into Game Design, and what qualities and aspects you should have if you want your game to be successful.

1 Like

Can someone tell me what this actually means? I recently just made an ad and the way they explain this rule to me is somewhat confusing, I thought they warned me for the purpose the ad actually was for.

Also, thanks for your advice @imnotRummy

1 Like

Did you use an advertisement that said get the most click or how many clicks can you get?

Hey again, what if you are somehow broke and have under 1000 robux?

@imnotRummy I only used this as a picture:

And then I got warned.

You could try going through appeal process.

There are a lot of replies so I’m sorry if this has been asked, but I’ve never advertised a game before with roblox’s advertising service, so I have to ask: How many clicks do ads usually get? Is it really that much of a benefit to the game to pay for ads?

I feel like myself and many other users of roblox and the internet in general see ads and never give them a second thought. I’ve probably clicked on like 3 ads in my whole time on roblox, and I just generally feel like they are not extremely effective. Like I said though, never used them! So if someone who has used them could share their experience I’d love to hear it!

For me it matters about this:

• How appealing the ad is

BUT, not how much robux you spend. Sure, more people will see it, but it all matters about how appealing it is.

I got like 200 players with 3 ads with a total of under 500 robux.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been busy! Roblox Advertisements are generally more productive then regular internet advertisements as they are targeted and do reach a younger audience.

This is really useful stuff. Had a bit of a struggle finding a post like this lol.

I’ve been looking to bring on a marketing advisor to work with me and develop a plan that would be the best way to grow my group. Instead of those hotel or cafe groups, you serve playable instruments like guitars and such. I’ve never seen something like this done before, so I can imagine it could get very popular if I play my cards right.

Do you think I should look into bringing someone on to help me? What would you say the best course of action would be for this?

Hey @Chordily , first of all glad that the resource was helpful!

Hiring a reputable Marketing Adviser or Game Designer can really help guide you towards a more optimal game design and a smoother launch. However, resources from multiple Forum members have been created to help new groups out, if you don’t have a large budget, I’d definitely suggest looking at some content made by @DieSoft or you can check out some of my other articles.

It really depends on you and what your looking for! :smiley:

1 Like

The effort you put into the AD and the R$ you spend on it! Matters the most to become a successfully Group or Game! That is what I do for my Game Advertising and Group Advertising. But there always other ways to be successfully! Like how this Topic Stated. :slight_smile:

I agree with this topic. I think everyone should!

1 Like

How much Playing can I get for my game after 1 month if i advertise or sponser for like 500 per day for a month?

All depends on your games design, how attractive your icon is, and if a majority of players your targeting enjoy the game.

So I want gamepass sales and I feel like the only way to really get sales is to use ads, but I haven’t gotten gamepass sales yet because either I:

• don’t spend enough robux
  • don’t have a popular enough game
  • don’t have a good enough ad
  • haven’t advertised enough

or players just don’t want to buy them.

How do you make an advertisement that makes money?