Game Archiving Release

I think locking it behind the 4 digit passcode like you can do for the user settings would make deleting more reasonable, but still not the best idea for reasons like that. Possibly having the deleted assets saved for around a week for anyone to retrieve if it was an accident or they change their minds?

1 Like

If a person gets into your account, they must likely have the pin too. The main way accounts are hacked is through cookies, which store passwords and pins. I think that archive is a much better idea than deleting, because it’s not permanent. Why do you need to delete a place?

I’m not sure why anyone would need to delete a place, I just wanted to give solutions to how it could be handled. Being able to remove archived places from your inventory would be nice though.

2 Likes

It would be awesome if we have the ability to multi-select games and archive them in batches at a time. Helpful for people with tens or hundreds of games that need to be archived, rather than clicking through every one manually and archiving. :ok_hand: :fire: Awesome update in any case!

4 Likes

I had 414 places total to archive. This would’ve been very useful!

3 Likes

Thank you! This is something that has been needed for so long.

Moving forward, I hope we’ll be able to archive other assets such as animations, decals and models. I also hope that we’ll be able to categorize assets into folders/containers.

I work with a fairly large team and our group has dozens of assets uploaded to it. Not being able to archive or categorize these assets heavily affects our productivity as we have to endlessly scroll through the toolbox to find certain models or decals.

1 Like

Finnaly after a few years it has been added a chance to get rid of old projects you do not want to work on anymore thanks so much.This could be useful for quicker studio and less confusion with projects.

I’ve been wanting this for a long time. I’m glad it’s finally here!

It would be nice to have the ability to organize our Archived games into folders like on a filing system so we can archive all the test places we used for a big project. That would help organization! Thanks

1 Like

Definitely think archiving places should hide it from inventory + Create page on web. I think this is being worked on though…

Maybe some sort of permanent place deletion solution could be created too though? For authentication, maybe require the account password and a two step code if user has that turned on?

2 Likes

Archived games ARE hidden on create page. Under games, not places though.

Also, regarding permanent place deletion I already made a “well” received comment on that earlier in this post and why it’s not gonna happen.

Can archived games be hidden in the publishing window, too? It’s kinda frustrating to have to scroll through this handful of garbage places that got created from the early days of Universes being implemented.

18 Likes

We have plans for this in the future when that is no longer a web page.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.