Game Archiving Release

I just noticed this update today!

i was wondering whether or not your archived listis stored locally or on roblox’s server.

We are working on a solution for the games that don’t have root places. I will update this thread when I have more information.

We have no plans to do anything related to Web. We are in the process of moving more and more functionality to Studio.

8 Likes

Was about to comment but it looks as if others have the same request.

I can’t archive these types of games, and it’d be so much nicer to be able to remove these from the games I’m working on, I have no use for them.

1 Like

It’s quite annoying on how you can’t archive them games. Hopefully they will make it possible.

Much appreciated update.

Will this ever be a thing on the Roblox website or will it only be a studio feature? I never really use studio to load up my places.

Fun fact: When they disabled the ability to remove start places, they attempted to add a start place to every game that didn’t have one. Apparently it didn’t work.

1 Like

It worked. The work was never completed.

3 Likes

It does hide the games on the develop tab on the web. I was wondering the same thing until I archived over 50 games. These games are now hidden from my develop page.

I love these new “shortcut” features! You can develop and organize yourself in Studio faster. Can’t wait to see what’s next!

Will it be completed sometime in the future? All the blank games I have are pretty annoying and takes up a lot of space on the develop page. It would also be nice if we could set start places again, as I have a lot of places that are not connected to a game.

Great QOL update! Makes that page a lot neater! :+1:

Well needed feature that I’m happy to see is here!! Time to clean up my studio! :smiley:

Ahh yes! Finally, I was hoping a feature like this was going to be developed, so I can organize and rid of some of my inactive places. Thanks!

This is what I suggested in the initial thread, nice! This is a great update! Provides a lot of value and makes sense from a product standpoint.

Can we be able to archive games without a starting place as well? Cause i have a lot of old places that were moved to another game and now the one it was on doesn’t have a starting place

Time to clean up my places!

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

Thank you. I have tons of Random places that I will never use. Really useful.

1 Like

Very much requested feature, this is brilliant. I remember this feature being requested back a while. Thank you for listening to us Roblox. Also, will there ever be a possibility to be able to ‘delete’ games from our archive?

You can current revert your archive but I’m 99% sure they’ll never allow a “delete” option as they don’t want to deal with the backslash of players being upset if they “accidentally” or purposely deleted there place then want it back. Plus, you gotta think about if someones account is hacked… just not a good option to add. I don’t see any pro’s myself, but the con’s would definitely outweigh them.

1 Like