Game assets are randomly failing to load

Assets are randomly failing to load. Sometimes parts of my character don’t load, sometimes the music doesn’t play, and games often don’t load.

This is the error I’ve been getting when opening a game in Roblox Studio:

And here is me in a game server, without my avatar loaded.

This has been occurring since 7:45 PM US Central Time.

10 Likes

Yeah there seems to be an issue with loading assets, almost everything is failing to load

I think this should be labeled critical.

4 Likes

Bump, this is occurring in the games I’m playing too.

P.S. This is causing playercounts in games dependent on external meshes / assets to drop. Wouldn’t something like this be robloxcritical?

2 Likes

yep, happening to me too. It’s happening to a lot of the front page games too including Arsenal, Adopt Me, Bloxburg etc…

here’s it happening in Adopt Me.

Arsenal:

games like Arsenal basically depend on Meshes. Currently if you try to play the game… most of the guns don’t shoot, the maps are half loaded and broken. shouldn’t these services also have backups in case of outages for Mesh Service. this can cause massive drops in player counts for games that depend on Mesh service including the front page games.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issues. I’ve tried connecting through a VPN, and it didn’t work so I figured it was a Roblox issue. Offline place files load fine but when you go into play mode they fail to load in assets and stay stuck on the loading screen.

Happens in all my games too. Only half of the assets will load.

The issue seems to have ceased around 8:00 PM US Central Time.

However, I’ve seen the same error happen periodically to the Developer Forum. This means it might be a part of a larger issue.

2 Likes

Developer Forum is an entirely separate deployment AFAIK, so any correlations you see are probably placebo. DevForum has its own current issues though (sporadic 502s, etc).

1 Like

Issue is resolved, please file a new bug report if it reoccurs!