Game Descriptions are STILL locked despite being "Fixed"!

Reproduction Steps

Editing the Jailbreak description will show you a description we posted weeks ago. Any changes to the game reverts both our title and description to this old information.

This was reported here: My game description is locked and no matter what I do I cannot change it
I can’t leave a reply here because the issue was “fixed” and the thread was locked. We never saw the problem go away.

This is happening to Jailbreak, possibly other games.

Expected Behavior

Entering the Place Configuration page should give you your current description and title to make any small changes to.

Actual Behavior

Place Configuration is showing an old description and title. If you’re not paying attention, you can save and overwrite your real description and title.

Workaround

There is no workaround.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Jailbreak - Roblox
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-05-01 00:05:00 (-07:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-06-16 00:06:00 (-07:00)

16 Likes

This happens to me too. It seems the website itself is having a lot of issues in terms of configuring places. Thumbnails can’t be removed, badges have trouble updating, video thumbnails seem to be on auto-play and play immediately (even when they aren’t the main thumbnail of the game.) - and of course the problem reported, game descriptions keep reverting.

The only work-around I’ve found (that also works to fix the inability to remove thumbnails via website) is to edit your game in ‘Game Settings’ through studio and I’ve noticed that you’re able to have the most updated version of the description + ability to remove thumbnails from there.

Regardless, it’s very problematic that the website is having these problems right now and it seems a lot of people are being affected in some way as a lot of the current website bugs reported are in relation to problems updating/configuring place assets. Many developers (myself included) are used to configuring their place through the website and not studio so I really hope this is fixed rather soon, as it’s been prevalent for some time now.

2 Likes

Can confirm this is happening to me too

This also happens to me, however once I overwrite the old description with the new one, it applies to the game. If I try to edit the description, it just shows an old one from a few weeks back.

Roblox’s place management system has been utterly garbage as of lately. First the uncopylocked bug (which caused My Restaurant to get uncopylocked) and now this? Seriously?

Thank you for the report, we appreciate it.

Our engineering team is actively investigating this issue and will provide updates once resolved. Until a fix is released, please update your game title/description through the Studio Game Settings.

4 Likes

I have a small game, more specifically a Santa Tracker game. Editing through Studio settings does not do much of anything. (well, it sometimes works)

I noticed a pattern; this happens to a lot of large, popular games but not any small games.

Hi all, this should be resolved now, we apologize for the inconvenience! Game Title and Description keep reverting - #35 by ShreddedPotat0

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.