My game description is locked and no matter what I do I cannot change it

Reproduction Steps

Video of what is happening when I press save

Expected Behavior
I want my game to not lock my description

Actual Behavior
Locked description No matter what I try to do. It wont change no matter what I do or where I do it

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: https://www.roblox.com/games/364802243/Freeze-Tag
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-04-27 00:04:00 (+01:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-04-27 00:04:00 (+01:00)

9 Likes

I also noticed that I can change other things when I save in confi, its just the description that is locked and uneditable

1 Like

is your game’s source language specified (in Configure Localization)? i had this bug on some of my games a while ago and just changing the source language to English always fixed it for me

Experiencing the same issue, however changing the source language to English does not fix the issue. My obby also is not allowing me to update it’s description at all. I’ve even turned off automatic translations to see if that would be the case.

Also was about to post a similar bug report, however I keep getting an error on dev forums stating that I do not have permission to view this resource.

Hopefully a solution can be found here.

I am also having this issue on MiniToons Containment Breach:

The page seems to have been reverted to a version back in 2018-2019 and the “Updated” date did not change:

Although on the home page and search pages seem to be fine:

2 Likes

Yup this is the exact same issue occuring on my obby. Reverted back to a version back when we first launched.

Just leaving the link here incase they’d like to check any similarities we have.

Editing to add some pictures.

On my profile the new updated description shows fine.

However on the game’s page it is not correct, it’s indeed an older version’s description.

Here as well you can see that in the configure this place window, it is also the newly updated description that I would like to be displayed everywhere.

1 Like

Also having the same issue. It seems to have also completely tanked my player count. The developer stats still show what it should be, and the actual experience page shows what it was over 1 year ago.

–What its showing on Developer Stats (correct info)

–What it’s showing on Roblox (old)

2 Likes

We are also having issues with our game name not updating

On the settings page, it shows up fine, but not on the front-end website

5 Likes

This has happened for me in the past. In my experience some games require multiple saves for the new description to go live, and it doesn’t change at all.

Very weird issue that only happens on a handful of experiences.

1 Like

Having the exact same issue as everyone in this thread, happened around the exact same time this thread was opened.

2 Likes

Something tell me this is a issue with new features not working with old tech. Ive tried updating around 50 times so far

3 Likes

Likewise I tried what @iGottic said by saving a lot of times, however it does not work for this situation. Just posting what I’ve tried so far, also setting my game source language to English does not work.

1 Like

I just checked my game based on this post, and my game has reverted to a very old description on the web site. If I go into edit I still see the current description.

I am not attempting to edit or update the description, I will assume someone is working on this and the correct description will eventually(soon?) show up.

1 Like

I’ve got this glitch. I’ve also noticed it says my description is too long despite it being under the character limit.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried changing the description through Studio? Does it fail from both locations?

Fails from both locations, tried already.

Studio also shows the updated description that I would like to display everywhere.

Just the game’s page is the issue.

Exactly the same problem.
I open my game and see the description that I installed a year ago.

This problem appears only with the description, and only in games created on behalf of the player.
In games created on behalf of the group - for me everything is fine.

upd: By the way, if I install one of the languages other than English, the description under the game changes according to the localization to the correct version.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. We are currently looking into this

6 Likes

For me its the name that is locked, not the description.

The name reverted to an older iteration. Very strange behavior. Glad this is being looked at

1 Like

Did the name revert after attempting to change it, or spontaneously?

1 Like