Game failing to save, server save/publishing internal server error

Since yesterday I was unable to save my game at all, it keeps showing me this error Server Publish Failure: HTTP (500): Internal Server Error.

This error still hasn’t been fixed even after 12+ hours later, it started happening after the Roblox servers were having connection problems yesterday.

I’ve tried working on the game in a separate place offline and publishing, but none of the changes were imported after publishing, the game was still the same with no changes, also tried turning off team create but now I can’t turn it back on because of it saying Save Failed.

This isn’t erroring because the game file is too big, to be even more sure that it isn’t the game I am trying to publish is 1MB smaller than the last time the game published.

I’ve also tried restarting router, trying to publish from a different internet connection, reinstalling studio, restarting computer but none fixed the issue.

Screenshot:

Video:
https://streamable.com/e15cj

Game Link:

Edit:
Here’s the log,

log_BCEC5_1.txt (18.1 KB)

21:33 GMT+1 14/03/2020

Two days ago it started occuring about 17:00 GMT+1 I am not sure but I waited a day before making the forum post about it.

I just tested again and got the same error when publishing, but this time I had Team Create disabled, disabled it yesterday trying to fix the error (When I disabled team create none of the changes were saved) and now I can’t enable it again anymore it keeps saying save/publish failed. This is only happening with the game I sent above, and when I try publish the local file to a new game it says publish failed.

20 Likes

Still happening. @coefficients

It’s honestly frustrating that this is happening every week end now. I’d expect Roblox to have fixed it the first one or two times it happened.

Please fix this. It’s extremely disruptive to our workflow.

14 Likes

I haven’t been able to work on the game now for 3 days now, everytime I try publish this happens and I can’t even turn on team create anymore because I thought turning it off would fix stuff.

But yeah this error is still happening to me everytime I wanna publish/save.

2 Likes

Yesterday I tried publishing my game and it didn’t work, today I tried again and it still is erroring. Output:

15:25:24.215 - Sent message to server to publish.
15:26:17.077 - Server Publish Failure: HTTP (500): Internal Server Error
15:26:17.078 - Star Wars: Coruscant Underworld publish failed.

@[redacted] Since this is affecting multiple games, you might want to add ROBLOXCRITICAL to the title.

UserId: 113896557
GameId: 2605826950

3/13/20 7:51 PM EST log_920F0_1.txt (26.4 KB)
3/14/20 3:16 PM EST log_E1274_1.txt (43.0 KB)
3/15/20 8:35 AM EST log_EC3B4_1.txt (40.9 KB)

5 Likes

This has been happening to me for the past 5 days and i’ve been working in a local file since then. I’ve made at this point nearly 4 posts about it but Roblox hasn’t seemed to acknowledge the issue yet.

4 Likes

We have flipped a setting that should fix this. Can anyone who experienced this confirm whether it is still happening or not?

11 Likes

I’ve been having problems with this across a few studios I’m working on, The past week I’ve had to locally save my work to my pc to ensure it to save. though as for others i’ve worked with, they have lost all their work they’ve done. I think what you did Did fix it and I feel safer to get back to working on projects now.

:smiley:

Hi, I’ve had the exact issue and I can confirm that I can successfully publish and save my game now.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you!

The error seems to be fixed now, I could enable team create and save progress again :slight_smile:

Now this is happening. :confused:

2 Likes

I get this error almost every day when waking up my PC from sleep mode and have to try re-opening that place.

It might not be related to this thread’s bug, try re-opening studio?

Imgur

This pops up everytime I open a new baseplate and only started happening recently; assuming this error is related to the fail to publish bug. Here’s the log file: log_D9A61_1.txt (20.2 KB)

I have, twice. No success. :confused:

I’m not sure if it’s related, but the place is a Team Create place.

2 Likes

I’ve been having the same issues as this whole thread but I figured out that if you publish to a new place it doesn’t occur there so just republish to a new place (I only tried it with myself so it may or may not fix it) and secondly i’m still having the publish problem occur.

1 Like

I know this might not be related to the thread I made even though this makes it fail to save again, yesterday it was working all fine until earlier today at about 16:01 GMT+1 16/03/2020.
What I am getting now is this error, Server Save Failure: Http transport error (5): HttpError: Timedout, after this error the game loses connection, or while working on the game Studio randomly disconnects from Team Create not saving any of the progress.

I tried again a bit later from the last time but it gave me the same error, so I decided to wait a while maybe it was a temporary error and tried again an hour or so later at about 17:46 16/03/2020 and I got the same error again.

I tried in another game and I am not getting that error, only in the one I included on the thread.

Update:

Even after 3 hours later the error still seems to be appearing, and I keep losing connection from studio with none of the changes made saving.

Here’s the logs file:

log_55B49_1.txt (20.6 KB)

2 Likes

Thats also happening to me, i can’t seem to fix it.

1 Like

Im having the Timedout error, this could be too much people using the internet at the same time as the lockdowns between jobs and others are coming too quickly.

After it destroys my connection and progress, is that a bug or a time error, too much studio errors, I hope ROBLOX does not face any brutal studio errors for a long time as its really causing frustrating delays.

1 Like

I’ve not been able to publish changes to the game today all day, tried once at 16:00 GMT+1 didn’t work then I tried again at 19:30 GMT+1 again same error saying Publish failed and again now but its the same error.

unknown

It worked fine yesterday but today it seems to be having problems again.

I used an auto recovery file, however the server took slow and it saved, I suggest you use auto recovery servers and try pressing ‘Publish To ROBLOX to’ to the place you work from, I know its a hard way and a slow way.

It now works for me, did it work for you now?