Game Icon review

Hello everyone,
This topic was made so I could get opinion about a logo I created for my upcoming game.
All of the questions below must be answered.
How much would you rate the logo from 1 to 10?
What don’t you like about it?
What do I need to change?
Is my logo attractive?

When you answer the questions you can also include more details about it.

Here is my logo:

9 Likes

Its hard to read the name of the game

4/10

Thanks for the suggestion, but how much would you rate it if you could read it clearly

i think the text should be more apparent + add some effects(by that i mean like glow and other stuff) for it to catch an eye

1 Like

Thanks, do you have any other ideas for effects except the glow?

My new one is kind of better maybe but still needs improvement

2 Likes

I think the sword should be more visible since the game is about swords, right?

I also think the letters on the character’s hat are interfering with the title a little bit

yes, it’s true i will try that but It will take long since I have to render it again.

I would work more on the background of the logo and keep the text behind the avatar for a visual effect, removing “sword” to make the text more decorative. I would remove the hat as well, as I am unsure whether it is related to the game’s title.

This is just me, I dont like how the light has a purple tint.

Also if the game is about swords I would find a way to show off the sword and you can try carving the game name into the sword or hat

Try making the background less blurry or find a way for the player to see whats going on in the background

I also dont think using a player model is necessary, I would just opt for the sword or if you’re going to use a player model make it so the sword is visible more

Do you have any ideas on how the color of the light should be?

1 Like

Try matching the red and white theme or any theme you’re going for.

I think the light should be red, and I feel like the character’s green shirt does not really match the rest of the color pallet. Maybe give him a red/white shirt instead

Are those effects better now?

Yes but IMO I would show off the sword more and If possible move the title into the hat or have it carved into the sword, this is just my opinion.

The hat kinda throws off the vibe of the game, try getting a character model that fits the sword theme or whatever the games about.

I think a title that looked kinda like this would be cool, I obviously did a sloppy job but here is a reference if u would like it

it just adds a little more life into the title

What about this?

Flip the sword 90 degrees broski

yes flip the sword to where the thick part of the blade is the main point of focus

also the handle and guard are taking up a big part of the camera’s view of the sword, i would adjust the character’s grip to show more of the blade and not so much of the handle

i thought of making it like this.