Game Image Thumbnails Are Free

This is a really small, yet useful update. I’m sure many new developers will appreciate this removal as I know I will.

8 Likes

Oh yes, I just noticed it is, but I don’t think this is a proper way to let a developer know that they have reached the max amount of thumbnails for a place:

(I just noticed it’s mintues, not minutes!)

I think they should know that trying again even after hours won’t do them any good.

21 Likes

Ah, I see. I’ve never got to the limit before so I wouldn’t know it did that. If it hasn’t been requested already, make a topic about it.

4 Likes

Very nice! Only thing I’d change here is moving Auto generated Image to the top of the media type list. I feel it would feel a bit more organized that way.

3 Likes

After some search, I couldn’t find anything regarding the error message, so I made my own request. It is here

Is there any chance of seeing the badge uploading fee removed in the near future too? If not planned, I can file a feature request for it.

EDIT: Made a feature request

14 Likes

I can now save 10 robux. Woo-hoo!

4 Likes

Thank youuuuuuu!

1 Like

Roblox is slowly going back to its old me of:

ITS FREEEEEEEEE

…yus! much appreciated. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Oh, joy. Paying a fee for thumbnails, in my opinion, was a “why does this exist” kind of thing, but the prices didn’t irk me much otherwise. Now, everyone’s on the same field with getting to show off graphics or place thumbnails. Awesome.

5 Likes

Will videos ever be free?

5 Likes

Roblox getting closer and closer to ITS FREEEEEE!! everyday now

3 Likes

I thought badges were free for some reason :man_shrugging:

Thank you. I just spent 10 R$ on a thumbnail recently :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Roblox!

it’s fREE!

In all seriousness, I’m glad Roblox is trying to be more developer friendly. Although it’s only about ten cents for ten robux, it’s still a step in the right direction for users who are unable to get robux.

5 Likes

Sweet good update.

This is something that will really make Roblox’s better. A few incidents will was made up for with the creative minds that will soon be seen on the front page! This is truly a step in the right direction.

are you guys over at roblox possibly going to be lowering the cost of other things too?

1 Like

Nice, this will help get rid of the too-common default thumbnails and give new devs freedom. This will promote the artistic side of Roblox and help devs discover what they really want to do.

This was likely a very small revenue source for Roblox. I expect that revenue will grow in other ways due to more attractive games in the near future. Even if it’s 1 million bad games lol

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.