Game Image Thumbnails Are Free

At Roblox, we aim to keep cost for Developers as low as possible, whenever possible. We believe this is important because it levels the playing field for all developers and enables everyone to make amazing experiences on our platform.

In that spirit, we have removed the cost for uploading image thumbnails! This means you can now show off your game without spending any extra Robux. To learn how to add image thumbnails to your game, check out the help article.

Let us know what you think!

207 Likes

Awesome! The price wasn’t much of an issue but I’m glad it’s gone now.

25 Likes

Now time for audio uploads!

No, but in all seriousness this is great! Glad to see this finally getting attention, as it was mentioned quite a bit a few years prior

21 Likes

IT’S FREEEEEEEEEEEEE
Really happy to see this!!! :grin:

19 Likes

Will there ever be a limit on how many thumbnails we can put max?

1 Like

Does this apply to asset thumbnails as well (specifically thinking of plugin thumbnails right now)?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the limit is 10.

65 Likes

This is a really small, yet useful update. I’m sure many new developers will appreciate this removal as I know I will.

8 Likes

Oh yes, I just noticed it is, but I don’t think this is a proper way to let a developer know that they have reached the max amount of thumbnails for a place:

(I just noticed it’s mintues, not minutes!)

I think they should know that trying again even after hours won’t do them any good.

21 Likes

Ah, I see. I’ve never got to the limit before so I wouldn’t know it did that. If it hasn’t been requested already, make a topic about it.

4 Likes

Very nice! Only thing I’d change here is moving Auto generated Image to the top of the media type list. I feel it would feel a bit more organized that way.

3 Likes

After some search, I couldn’t find anything regarding the error message, so I made my own request. It is here

Is there any chance of seeing the badge uploading fee removed in the near future too? If not planned, I can file a feature request for it.

EDIT: Made a feature request

14 Likes

I can now save 10 robux. Woo-hoo!

4 Likes

Thank youuuuuuu!

1 Like

Roblox is slowly going back to its old me of:

ITS FREEEEEEEEE

…yus! much appreciated. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Oh, joy. Paying a fee for thumbnails, in my opinion, was a “why does this exist” kind of thing, but the prices didn’t irk me much otherwise. Now, everyone’s on the same field with getting to show off graphics or place thumbnails. Awesome.

5 Likes

Will videos ever be free?

5 Likes

Roblox getting closer and closer to ITS FREEEEEE!! everyday now

3 Likes