Game is marked as private but still shows up in group games list

Revised: As of Nov 9, 2020. The problem was now fixed!

For the specific group below, I have a game marked as Private, yet I can see them in my group games. This is unexpected behavior because I want the groups to not show up.

Group: https://www.roblox.com/groups/4294989/Teacana
Private game: https://www.roblox.com/games/2671703010/T-Event-Center

Group profile: (Note the “T | Event Center” is still showing)

Game settings: (Note it’s marked as Private, so it should not show up on group page)

I don’t want it to show the public, but the public/private setting just isn’t working at all for me, and also not with others for this group. This bug has been around for me for 2 months or longer, since the last time I was online it was still there. Other people besides me can also see the games on the group’s profile page.

I am on a MacBook. I also did a go through all settings in studio, website, and nothing has been working to help fix this issue. I have gone to configure place and went to private and the game still shows up, as you can see in the screenshots above.

Please let me know if you require additional details and please let me know if anyone can reproduce this with one of their own groups.

I also had noticed that I am not experiencing this as well. I noticed that @Minstrix group is also having this issue. It’s not doing or function correctly. I hope you guys can make a recreation of what I mean.

His group: https://www.roblox.com/groups/1166093/SCP-F-undati-n#!/about
Game that’s private: https://www.roblox.com/games/1521526348/closed

12 Likes

Currently having this issue. Did you find anything to help?

1 Like

Unfortunately, no help. At-least I am not the only one experiencing this issue. Mind asking me what group or game having issues with. Since, they had recreated on what I said but didn’t find any solution, so I think this can help us state our issue more detailed. I don’t know if you can agree with me on that? They also told me to create a YouTube video but since, I have no great editing software nor good quality to state them on what I mean when the issue is going to turn out pixeled.

This is the game

Okay, this is excellent since this mostly will state the issue. I may need to notify someone about it.

Has it been fixed yet? I’ve heard it has but I’m not quite sure since there’s still some games that are private but still able to be seen in the group games page.
This can lead to bad things such as spoiling a game which wasn’t supposed to be released.
If this isn’t fixed yet I hope it gets fixed quickly

1 Like

Nope, hasn’t been fixed yet. I hope it gets fixed soon too.

What I’d recommend would be re-naming games that aren’t supposed to be public yet. This might try to cover up some of the surprise factor that could be attributed to it.
I’m sure developers are working on a solution to this now.

It’s a game that was public but is now closed. I did rename it to “closed”.

Honestly, I’m not sure if anyone is working on this. This is mentioned in three topics and no one from Roblox has responded to any of them.

Has anyone come up with a fix for this? My group is still having this issue.

2 Likes

At the moment, I do not have a clue. I’m still experiencing this, but I actually got used to it as I know they won’t fix this.

Extremely late to this but this has been happening a lot to one of my group games. My members are complaining of not being to access a game that has been set to private for over a month now. Yikes. I’m hoping this bug is fixed asap.

Doesn’t this also happen with clothing too?

I was able to fix this in my group, here’s the solution, first go to the game, configure it and remove the playable devices, except for console. Then you wanna make the game public, enter the game and then leave. Once you’ve done that, then make the game private. I know this doesn’t sound like it would work, but trust me, it did for me and I was having this issue for 2 months. Hope this helps!

1 Like

I was able to fix this in my group, here’s the solution, first go to the game, configure it and remove the playable devices, except for console. Then you wanna make the game public, enter the game and then leave. Once you’ve done that, then make the game private. I know this doesn’t sound like it would work, but trust me, it did for me and I was having this issue for 2 months. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hey! Friendly reminder, we had tried everything to make it work, but unfortunately, nothing worked. :pensive:

1 Like

This is still an issue for me, not sure if a solution has been found or not. My General Center game has been private for around two months now and still hasn’t disappeared. I’ve messed with most of the settings and set it from public to private and back again with no luck. General Center is the only one doing this. V1 was set to private a couple minutes ago and as you can see, it’s off the group page.
StillVisible
private

1 Like

Yes, I understand how annoying it seems to be but we really can’t doing anything much as it’s not occurring to other users but it’s happening to small amount of users. Which is why I still have visible to the public that they aren’t the only ones experiencing this.

I see. I’ll probably just delete everything in that game and build something else there. Sad that this probably won’t be fixed anytime soon.

Bump, bug is reoccurring and preoccupying public group game space, even if the game is private.

3 Likes