Game not opening or opening properly in Studio

Hello, Sorry if this isn’t to your specifications (as in quality). This my first post so please excuse me.

When it started

It all started a few days ago, when I tried to load up Roblox Studio to do work on some of my games. When I clicked on a team create game (A public game), it started loading with the normal loading screen:

Photo 2020-05-21 162912

It was taking so long to load and it obviously wasn’t going to work so I tried multiple times and even re-installed studio.
It seemed to happen on every team create game I tried so I asked a friend working on the same game and they said the game worked.
I kept testing other games until one of them seemed to work until I got this:

It only seemed to occur when I clicked on a locally stored game.

So I kept searching the internet and the forums and I couldn’t find anything.
My computer specs are as followed:
Intel(R) Core™ i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.10 GHz
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
4.0 GB DDR3?

Log files for Roblox Engineers: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-studio-logs-for-roblox-studio-game-not-opening-or-opening-properly/589515

The game link for the team create is here:

The locally stored game is here but I don’t think you will find anything wrong with the games:
Roblox Studio Jediritz Place.rbxl (309.8 KB)

Could it also be related to: Team Create infinite loading

[EDIT]: When I click RobloxStudioLauncherBeta.exe in AppData/Roblox/Versions it throws this error:
Error 2020-05-26 160620
It only seems to happen when I use the Launcher in the Roblox/Versions Folder and if I restart studio it continuously loads with no error. I cannot replicate the error screen now for some odd reason.

Sincerely jediritz

15 Likes

The same thing has been happening to me too. We had a group project I published it to roblox opened team create. And it didn’t load it gave me an error.

3 Likes

Yeah I can confirm this is a problem on MacOS aswell.

5 Likes

Could the this be a problem?
StudioGlitch 2020-05-25 165450

Check the memory, it says that the memory has more Mega Bytes than the MaxMemory.
I don’t really know anything about memory.

2 Likes

Does this also happen when you try to play a game on Roblox, or only studio?

Edit: Also, the client logs are quite puzzling, did you edit or omit any messages from the logs before sharing them? Would you be willing to use packet capture software to help further diagnose what is going wrong? If so, please bear in mind that most packet capture software captures all traffic to your machine (and may contain sensitive data), so please be selective about how you share it.

3 Likes

The only thing I ommited is my users name (Computer User, not Roblox user), But I replaced all of them with “MyUser”. Nothing else. Do I need a specific packet capture software or could I use any?

I’ve had the issue on the bottom of the post (Could not open game, contact customer support) for almost a week now. It is seemingly random, and doesn’t respond to closing studio, restarting my computer, etc.

I run a Mid-2012 Macbook Pro with an i7-3720QM, nVidia GT-650M, and 8GB of DDR3 RAM.

It is so odd and random I can’t reproduce it, but here’s a picture I’m getting trying to connect to a TC right now.

It only happens on games with Team Create enabled in Studio. I don’t use a VPN, Proxy, etc.

What happens when you join a locally saved game (as in a .rbxl file game on your computer)?

Nothing, and if it’s a non-TC game, I can join it just fine. I don’t use a VPN or anything.

1 Like

Any packet capture software is fine, I use WireShark on my work machine. In wireshark if you filter for “raknet”, a normal team create join will look more or less like this:

normal-tc-join-wireshark

3 Likes

Same here, any time I join team create I get this error, I made a thread for it, but it moved as a reply, Can’t Connect to Australian Servers from US. I also found other threads similar, Place File Corrupted. I’ve truly looked all over the forum but no solution has arisen. Any game this bug is affecting, you can’t connect to it in roblox player or studio.

1 Like

I added the packet capture on WireShark, it’s here:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-studio-logs-for-roblox-studio-game-not-opening-or-opening-properly/589515

1 Like

Just studio, the normal Roblox Player works fine.

1 Like

I don’t think so, it has worked in the past.

1 Like

Thank you this is very helpful!

4 Likes

I am going to need to add more logging to diagnose further, it looks like, somehow, there is a disconnect between the our RakNet middleware and the rest of the engine: raknet is doing all the right things to do the connection, but the engine-specific components of the handshake are somehow not happening.

4 Likes

What do I need to do? Use WireShark more or get logs off the computer in AppData

1 Like

For now, my team needs need to add the code, get it through QA (eta the new code will be in the studio auto-update on 6/10). After that point, we can try again and get the logs off the computer in AppData.

3 Likes

Yes i use to have this problem, i did contact roblox staff, but by the time they replied it was all fixed.

1 Like

Thanks, I guess I will wait until then.

1 Like