Game Quest Challenge 2021 - Rules & Guidelines

So exciting, can’t wait to see all the submissions! Can admins participate too? :laughing:

52 Likes

Sounds fun! Looking forward to participating.

4 Likes

If I am not understanding incorrectly this is the rule.

3 Likes

Got it, thanks Incapaz! That clarifies the rules. Glad I don’t have to spend Robux to upload sounds effects.

4 Likes

This is really neat! I’m glad to see more engagement from the Developer Relations team with game jams. Perhaps there is more coming on the horizon?

Now to find some teammates…

4 Likes

This looks pretty cool!

I don’t see myself participating this time around due to scheduling circumstances, but if it is anything like the Holiday Game Jam I would recommend anyone on the fence to give it a shot. I met a ton of new friends in that challenge and improved my skills remarkably.

9 Likes

Just noticed it. How dare they use that disgrace of a font.

4 Likes

Where will the mini-challenges be announced? On this thread or a new one?

Super excited to see what people come up with! :pirate_flag:

12 Likes

If we don’t participate in the mini challenges, can we still participate in the main challenge?

1 Like

This is gonna be a tough challenge. I was wondering, is there a team size limit?

1 Like

Yes, there must be exactly 3 team members.

6 Likes

Love the turn of events this year!! Can’t wait to see what people come up with, the possibilities are endless!! :grin:

What are the challenges about exactly?, to that I mean, will they be about making whole games? tools, models? more in general, whats the difference between challenges and normal game jams?

2 Likes

Can’t wait!

So when you say all mini quest challenges include gift cards as a prize, does that mean everyone who finishes the challenge gets a gift card?
If a thousand people complete the challenge, a thousand people get giftcards valued at a minimum of $25 each? Is there a limit to the number of winners for each challenge?

I believe this relates. By the way good luck if you are participating!

2 Likes

Man this looks extremely interesting, I honestly love these types of events. Though just one question, is everyone in the group required to have access to the Dev Forum or no?

This looks like so much fun! I’m happy that Roblox is starting to reach out to developers and hosting so many events this year!

Ooo! I am very interested in this! Seems like a lot of fun! Can’t wait to see the submissions people come up with! :smiley:

2 Likes

If we miss the first mini challenge can we still participate in the second and third?

2 Likes

How will sign ups work?
Quick question, only three members per team, correct?

1 Like