Game Quest Challenge - Main Quest [Extended]

Main Quest Challenge - Final Quest :crossed_swords:

Developers, heroes of old: We have come bearing a mighty message for you all. The time has come for the ultimate quest, as the prophecy foretold.

We are bestowing upon you all the responsibility of bringing it all together, at last. That’s right - it’s time to take everything you’ve learned, about weapons, vehicles, and bosses, to combine into one fantastical medieval-themed game.

The road on this journey has been long and adventurous, but it’s time for your hard work to pay off.

Your task this time is to take each main theme from the past three weeks - weaponry, transportation, and final boss battles - and combine your creations into one epic adventure game. Give us a setting, features, anything you can think of to make this a spectacular game, and a fun experience!

You will have 50 hours to complete this challenge - starting now, April 24 at 11AM PDT, and ending Monday, April 26 at 1PM PDT. As always, you will be submitting your game as a link to a Roblox game here.
https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/6308054/Game-Quest-Challenge-Main-Quest

Additional Notes:

• While the other three challenges were not being judged based on gameplay, this challenge WILL be judged as a full game, so keep that in mind!
  • Feel free to change your models from the other three challenges, you do NOT have to use the same ones you made for the first three challenges - but keep in mind that making new ones will take more time!
  • Your game MUST have at least one weapon, one mode of transportation, and one final boss. Other than that, the gameplay and the story is up to you!
  • You must have participated in at least two out of the three mini challenges to participate in the Main Challenge

And as always, don’t forget to check out our Evaluation Criteria!

Evaluation Criteria

Theme - Uses the theme provided

Creativity - Use of creativity;

Design - Overall design

3D-Modeling - Build quality

Animation - The use of visual effects

Features - use of terrains/materials/lighting features, etc.

Audio (quality of sounds, music, audio in general)

Plot ( how good is the story of the game)

Experience - How is the gameplay? What features are used to bring this game to the next level?

More information can be found here: Game Quest Challenge 2021 - Rules & Guidelines

Finally a reminder of the prizes you can win:

Let the development begin!

:crossed_swords:

151 Likes

Interesting theme, I like this a lot as it’s separated into parts so you’re not in a hurry to finish. I hope to see more challenges soon, keep up the great work Roblox! :grinning:

10 Likes

Woooah… This is pretty cool! Can’t wait to see what comes out of this challenge…

5 Likes

Why is this the first I am hearing of this? There was no notification for the previous weeks? I am feeling left out :frowning:

18 Likes

I’m curious if the winners will be games that subvert expectations and spin the idea into something completely new; this would be nice to see for once on the platform.

4 Likes

It’s been announced several times.

4 Likes

Personally I competed in the first of three mini challenges. Even though having mini challenges is a bit nice I think id rather have More time on the main challenge. Getting time to participate four weekends in a row is hard. I personally don’t like medieval theme which is a bummer. In the future if appreciate if the information was more clear, I would wish that the mini challenges included more things like scripting (for most it’s been shifted towards modeling) and if appreciate if the theme was free to choose but that you had a set objective only such as weapon, transportation and a boss.

7 Likes

I seem to always miss announcements. Even though I check for them and set notifications for them. Did anyone else miss any of these announcements?

13 Likes

woot cant wait to see everyone’s amazing games

4 Likes

I didn’t do the other parts of this contest, but it sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to participate in something like this in the future!

3 Likes

I also missed the announcements for this challenge, unfortunately.

5 Likes

That’s so cool! Tysm Roblox! :heart:

2 Likes

I am 100% competing for the this!

Good luck for everyone else :blue_heart:

3 Likes

I have to say, that red studio logo in the top right corner looks pretty nice.

I am also excited to see what forms of transportation people will come up with.

2 Likes

2nd place looks the best ngl…

5 Likes

Nice trophies. I can’t wait for this! Can we work in partners? Or have I just missed a part about it?

Anyways I wish you all luck!

1 Like

You missed the entire beginning of this.

2 Likes

Yes. I just read it. I really wanted to do this.

i want that tv soooo bad how do i apply

It’s a monitor, the requirements is that you had to participate in the 2 out of the 3 mini challenges to be able to do the main challenge.

All 3 have already been over.

Also the main challenge ended an hour ago.