Game Ratings Not Saving

We are able to remove ratings, but not able to change it after that.

Bumping because this bug is still happening and I’m out of things to add as everything that can be said about this bug has already been said. It’s sad it’s been going on for this long, especially considering this was allegedly patched (see: fixed itself temporarily) not that long before this thread.

A mug brownie recipe to cheer up the other people suffering through this bug

Measurements are in metric but it’s a very “do it by eye” recipe so it should translate over easy enough.

Ingredients:

• Regular flour (roughly 1/6th of a cup)
  • Self raising flour (also roughly 1/6th of a cup)
    • Both flours can probably be replaced with gluten free/allergy friendly alternatives, however you’re gonna want a half half of flour that does rise and flour that doesn’t. You can go all nonraising flour in a pinch but it just won’t be the same, and all self raising will overflow when cooking
  • Plain white sugar (1/3rd of a cup. Can be replaced with any other grainy/crystally sweetener of choice. I do suggest having some sort of sweetener as this recipe sucks without it)
  • Cocoa powder (if it’s strong, like baking cocoa, you really only need about a slightly heaped teaspoon of it)
  • Milk (no specific measurement for this, you’ll see why later on. Any milk alternative should also work fine)

Instructions:

1. Combine both flours, cocoa, and sugar in a nice big mug. Mix it until its all one powder all together.
  2. Add milk, mixing it in as you go (you can mix after once you’ve got practice, but its more reliable to mix as you go) - You’re going to want enough milk mixed in until its a nice paste without being too liquid. If it’s too liquid it will stay very liquid after cooking (not a bad thing, just makes it more like a fancy thick hot chocolate than a mug brownie)
  • Optional: Add in extra bits like marshmallows and chocolate bits here if you feel like it, but it’s perfectly fine as it is imo
  1. Once you feel it’s a good amount (trust me, you’ll know it when you see it) put it in the microwave for about a minute, or until it’s starting to rise to the top (keep watch as if you have a good amount of self raising it can sometimes overflow) - If the minute is up and you feel it’s not enough, don’t be afraid to put it in for another 30-60 seconds. If it starts to rise too much/overflow, stop the microwave and wait a few seconds, then decide if it’s done or if it should go back in again.

2. Enjoy!

12 Likes

I have been having this issue for the last few months as well. Unable to rate any games at all.

Issue:

yea same, it only saves if you refresh the page after liking/disliking

Bug is STILL happening technically, however it’s changed slightly.

Ratings do appear to be saving now (refreshing the page will keep the rating you gave the game) HOWEVER it DOES NOT count your rating for an unknown amount of time, sometimes ranging within 5-10 seconds (for quieter games) to an unknown amount of time later (tested on a busier-ish game, my rating doesn’t seem to have been counted after a minute or so at the time of writing this due to the dislike amount not changing at all)

PSA to OP: DON’T mark this as solved just yet, we need an official word on this officially being fixed or if they’re still trying to figure out what went wrong in the first place to avoid this happening again. Additionally, it may start happening again meaning we need to go through the whole annoyance of reporting it a third time.

This bug has happened before and magically stopped happening for a short time without any word from anyone, which meant the bug was deemed fixed when it wasn’t truly fixed and so it happened again (leading to this thread)

4 Likes

This has been fixed for me.

Looks like this issue is still cropping up, and is affecting the apps as well. I’m getting reports of people seeing “Action not available” when trying to vote on both the desktop and mobile app in addition to the already reported website display.

Ratings are still not being counted. They’re being properly acknowledged/saved by the website (it doesn’t disappear when refreshed/reloaded) however the like/dislike amount stays the same no matter what (changing the like to a dislike and vice versa keeps the numbers the same even after refreshing)

At this point I’m genuinely wondering if it’s some sort of intentional blacklist.

Haven’t bumped the thread for a while because it’s annoying to have to keep doing this so much to keep the bug support team updated on something that has been around for almost 2 years straight now.

Ratings are visually saving (as previously mentioned) but are still not being counted. Doesn’t matter if I like or dislike a game, or how long I leave it for, the rating will never be counted despite apparently being there.

The main meat of this bug is still unpatched and we haven’t had a word on it in almost a year.

@gigagiele Can you provide any information on the issue? It has been ongoing for almost a year now. Can we expect a resolution to this issue, or has this been pushed aside and/or forgotten about?

I’ve had this bug since, like, 2017 or 2018. I forgot

The issue seems to have been resolved. Please see the most recent update to the initial post for more information. Should the issue arise again or if others are still experiencing the issue, I will reopen this report.

Wasn’t fixed for me. I’ve been getting this issue on-and-off for the past three years and nothing has changed.

At least for me, sometimes it will randomly “fix” itself about once a year and I’ll be able to rate assets again, only for it to stop working about a month or two later.

For practically the entire year of 2022, I haven’t been able to leave a rating on anything at all. Then it magically started to work again in December… then it broke again in February 2023.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to be resolved for me

It’s not truly resolved, as I mentioned before:

Minor edit: We’re gonna need to keep bumping this thread every 14ish days now to avoid it closing out due to it being incorrectly marked as solved before it was fixed.

Since other users are still experiencing the issue, I am changing the post back to unresolved. I will be reaching out to hopefully get attention brought to the issue.

I still have the bug, I always have it since 2021, and I don’t know why it isn’t resolved

Yeah, this I have had this bug for quite a while.

I reached out and the best I can say is that the bug is filed internally. As for its status, I do not know.

I had this exact issue in Nov-Dec 2022. I contacted roblox support and they said they forwarded information to engineers. It seems that the issue was half-fixed, because the votes don’t immediatly change the rating numbers, but it still knows I rated. So, I get an image like this even after refreshing:

1 Like