Game servers being lagged

Recently some guy has been DOSing my game servers making them lag/crash, it exploits access to an event in RobloxReplicatedStorage and spams an event called SetPlayerBlockList with tonnes of data, is there any way to patch this that is currently known?

9 Likes

set a debounce

1 Like

No, but you can make harder to spam by trying to remove his events by calling them whenever they are added to the game/replicatedstorage. If that doesn’t work you can just try other anti cheats script but i dont really know if its gonna be affective since they use a really strange method

3 Likes

It doesn’t let me access the path in a script, I was just wondering if theres a different workaround to prevent it from affecting the game.

Why can’t you access the path…?

1 Like

The event is in RobloxReplicatedStorage not ReplicatedStorage – it is inaccessible by regular scripts, and it seems only hack scripts can access it.

its client sided also you cannot stop them they will always update the hack to make it more explotable

1 Like

It’s a remote event, it is used to send data to the server, it’s not client sided, how can it be client sided if it lags the server?

I forgot the name of the thing it isn’t actually called client side but basically they used paid executor to inject a script (script injection is like backdoors) but i do not know cleary if they do use script injection

1 Like

Is Roblox aware of this? This would affect all games on the platform. They should patch it if it’s on their end. Also, are you totally certain this is the cause? Why couldn’t they they just spam any remote event and cause the exact same problem? Surely the SetPlayerBlockList remote isn’t that heavy.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I’m getting at, they’re spamming a RemoteEvent that is supposed to be only used by ROBLOX’s core scripts, meaning I can’t do anything about it. I was just wondering if there’s any other ways to patch the lag script they’re using without needing the path of the event.

its like a backdoor i’ve tried also searching for solutions but never seen one

1 Like

I saw another post about it but it was unanswered, so I just made my own instead of replying to a dead one - Any soultion for server crashing script via SetPlayerBlockList remote? - here they talk about detecting it on the server, which isn’t possible because of permission restrictions.

This post says that it’s impossible for ROBLOX to mitigate these sort of things, but they send so much data through that event that I feel ROBLOX should be able to detect and block it when it happens.

I’ve seen people paying 90 dollars to streamsnipe youtubers with this. I remember a server that used to sell it but don’t remember the name

Yeah, it’s easy to find now for free, people were probably paying lots for it previously because it had just been found, for some reason it still exists.

I honestly question how repudiable this all is. It seems incredibly unlikely that this is the problem, games like Adopt Me, Welcome to Robloxia, etc would be constantly down if it was because of how easily someone could do this. Tough to say though.

1 Like

Its called script injection once you master how to do it you basically become a wizard

1 Like

Eh who knows, I can’t try the script since I don’t have an executor, I got someone to run the lag script they were using on the game with a RemoteSpy, and it was spamming that same event.

But i dont think this one is a script injection its probally a new method people have found to bypass the filtering system

1 Like