Game Settings "Edit" permission for group roles does not account for Animation (and possibly other) assets

A new developer joined our group and was given “Edit” access to a specific game in the group through their group role. They have been able to access and develop on most parts of the game thus far except for being able to properly load (and obviously run) group owned animations within that game. This effectively blocks the dev from working on certain areas of the game which resulted in needing to grant “Create and edit group games” permission through the web UI - which entirely defeats the purpose of being able to limit their edit access to specific games through the Studio settings.

Attached is a screenshot that the dev received when trying to work on a part of the game requiring animation access.

10 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed this internally and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved? We are having a hard time reproducing this issue

2 Likes

Reviving this thread, this bug occurs to me when having the game tested on a seperate place that isn’t in the group. I have edit perms on that test place and the owner of the test place owns the main group

It is still producing!
I hope that this gets resolved as it makes it hard to continue to develop my game.

Hi! Thanks for reporting this issue, I’ve closed this topic out as it seems there is a more recent topic discussing the same problem. We will keep you posted. Permissions bug - Group-made animations do not load for Team Create members in Studio