Game stops working all together on mobile

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I want to be able to run my game on mobile.

2. What is the issue?
    There is a bug where some part of my map would just disappear for no reason and the player would not be able to move their finger across the screen to place it anywhere else. Not only that, the part can still be cloned, but would not drop or move anywhere else. There are also no error produced.

Before:

After:

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    This is an extremely unique case for me. I never seen any sort of bug like this. I am hoping its just Robloxs end, but i have no clue what kind of bug this is.

For context, you have a tool you equip to start the game. When you move your finger across the screen, it shows where you are going to drop your circle. You tap anywhere to drop the circle. The tool itself uses a localscript to replicate all this. I played for at least 8-10 minutes and some part of the map disappears for no reason. I remember this occuring when I first join flr a couple of seconds. I have disabled movement to scriptable and mobile movement to scriptable, idk if that does anything.

You can test the game here, remember to do it on mobile to replicate it: Circle Game [RELEASE] - Roblox

1 Like

So to confirm, the game works for a period of time and then game artifacts start to disappear. I wonder whether there is a memory leak somewhere causing this.
To check, you can review the memory usage using F9 and watch if it increases over time. It may be that items are not being cleanup correctly or Touch connections not removed.

1 Like

It could be that for each of the circles, they all have a touch event. I was assuming that when the circles are destroyed, the connections would also disconnect. Should I remove the touch connection on destroy or will the touch event be handled by destroy?

Did you make sure your game works on minimum graphics while developing?

I didnt test in studio, this was occuring in the actual game. I think the graphic was at max when I played, but i have other reports where they also experienced the same issue.

Hey everyone, I thought I might give another insight on this problem. It had occurred again on mobile, but this time, i am currently at graphic 1 for 17 minutes on a samsung s21 until the game stops working again. By stop working, i mean nothing is falling down and parts are staying afloat.

I just encountered another one as i rejoined. Max graphic this time, and immediately stops working after i join

If anyone have any similar problem or solution, please let me know.

It seems disabling streamenabled actually helped stop the disappearing issue. I am unsure as I left my game on for 20 minutes, if there is someone who can test out this bug, please let me know if it still occurs.

I noticed when I playe3d tonight that on start game was ~650MB, after 10 mins it is now up around 1300. It definitely looks like a memory leak somewhere.

Thanks for verifying, could I ask where I can open this information? I thought it wasnt related as I opened the console to look at the client/server memory usage which showed no major changes, but I guess it went up somewhere?

Just a quick update, here is the place where I found the memory thing that you might be talking about. Interestingly my memory starts at where you initially stated, but overtime, my memory usage is actually decreasing overtime. And it is also over the course of 10 minutes