Game Title and Description keep reverting

This is still happening, the text reverts to an old version when you go back into Configure Place. :confused:

I was just about to make a bug report but then I found this so nice
(Itā€™s affecting me too Iā€™m forced to copy and paste my entire place description just to change 1 sentence)

Hello Iā€™m currently experiencing this same bug for our experience RoPets. Steps to reproduce the bug.

Update Experience name from RoPets :hamster: to RoPets :paw_prints: and save
Update Description to remove the old update text info and Save

It saves fine initially and updates. But as soon as I go back and click on the Create tab and then Configure Start Place it reverts everything back to the previous saved game name and description from May 19th instead of June 2nd changes we made ( this is when it started reverting)

Universal ID: 6984315364
Expected Game name: RoPets :paw_prints:

Didnā€™t include Expected Game Name & Description because it actually seems its a visual bug in configure start place. I figured out as writing this up that the description and name to edit displays the older name and text for your experience but if you exit out of it without changing it or hitting save it does not revert it publicly on your experience name or description.

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 8.29.56 AM

This is happening to all Experiences just happened to me any updates? i always accidentally click save and loosing my description progress

after you update your description configure place resets it back to an older description version if that makes sense

Thereā€™s a lot of issues with updating game information.

Just recently, nobody in my group can remove my gameā€™s thumbnails. It keeps giving us the error message ā€œInvalid Permissionsā€. Unfortunately, I cannot do anything about it.

2 Likes

I too have this issue and have submitted it to bug reports a few hours ago. This is a major issue if developers can not remove thumbnails.

1 Like

Hi -

Iā€™m not able to turn off Gears.

It keeps reverting no matter what we do.

UniverseID: 8546583666
Problem: I canā€™t remove Gears from my experience.

Can confirm this is still happening to our game description in configure place aswell.

I have recently discovered this Issue after attempting to change my Description and Title for my new Update.

I have also discovered that this seems to be happening on all my experiences. I have tried to edit 4 different Universes/Places and all of them are having the same issue. (This includes a new Universe that I had recently created).

This is having a big impact because Iā€™d usually gain a good amount of players when I update but a lot of people are still seeing the Old Title and havenā€™t realized there was an update.

Iā€™ve also had people telling me that the Title is still the old title once they are loading the game but itā€™ll say the new Title on the game page.

Note This has been happening for over 2 weeks and I assumed it wouldā€™ve been fixed by now.

This is a really annoying bug. I remember it was fixed a while back, but now it is back???

Yes it is back for me too, not sure whatā€™s causing this issue but it is confusing when I try to update my games Title/Description.

This has been happening to my new experience as wellā€¦ ANY changes made to Configure This Place will then revert the game to a previously saved Description and/or Title.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Game ID: 9481718470
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2022-06-10 00:05:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-06-17 00:05:00 (-04:00)

Thank you for the report, we appreciate it.

Our engineering team is actively investigating this issue and will provide updates once resolved. Until a fix is released, please update your game title/description through the Studio Game Settings.

11 Likes

Oh good, so itā€™s not just me.
This bug is quite frustrating, especially when youā€™re trying to get a new game up and going like I am.

1 Like

Thanks for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience! Issue should ow be resolved but please donā€™t hesitate to let us know in thread otherwise.

6 Likes