Game video thumbnail fades to picture when video's playing

This is a pretty straight-forward/simple bug, but no one seems to be addressing it.

On games where there is a video in the thumbnail, the slideshow will automatically fade to the next picture, even when the video is playing.

Reproduction Steps

Here’s an example game:

1. Play the thumbnail video

2. Wait

The slideshow image will overlap the video while the video is playing

11 Likes

It works fine for me, I don’t have this problem

Sometimes, I will have this problem, sometimes not. Sometimes the video automatically plays, and sometimes not.

The typical ratio of which this problem occurs to me is probably a 1:3 (When the slideshow image overlaps: when the video works fine)

1 Like

I don’t understand why this issue is not being properly addressed this happens to me for every single Roblox game that has a video in its thumbnail and this is a pretty big deal as its screwing up the trailers that the devs are trying to show

3 Likes

I can confirm that this is an issue.

Let’s pretend that your game has a 20 second video followed by a thumbnail. If the user’s mouse isn’t hovering over the video’s GUI frame, the slide-show will move on after ~10 seconds to the thumbnail while the video audio is still playing in the background.

2 Likes

Here is a video of the reproduction steps recreating the bug: https://youtu.be/xkBa-OH6kuw

Those were some REALLY complicated steps. :wink:

I hope this is helpful to anyone who sees this.

1 Like

Could it be that the video has the game’s thumbnail inside of the video?

Hello! I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while. I am unable to reproduce the issue.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

This issue seems to have been resolved!

Thank you! If this issue reoccurs, please create a new topic for us to look into.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.