Gamepad X button automatically selecting leaderboard

I am attempting to make the gamepad support for my game not automatically select the username on the leaderboard when the player opens up my in-game menu. This currently happens by pressing X, after doing nothing else but spawning into the game beforehand.
The glitch in gif form:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/411650217973252096/480448928286769162/xboxselectionglitch.gif

It is currently solved by the player pressing B, then pressing X again. Pressing B the first time hides the leaderboard.

Picture form of the glitch:

The current code (very hacky with waits trying to see if that solved it -it did not. The delay is just to make sure the selected object is correct)

Haven’t seen the need to add “GuiService:AddSelectionParent” because it does nothing but spam warnings in my output saying the GuiService:AddSelectionParent overwrited! Ugly!

Also tried

GuiService.AutoSelectGuiEnabled = false

but the glitch still happens

1 Like

This also happens when the PlayerList is toggled on/off. It’s been a bug since 2015 that has been reported a lot and was being worked on but never fixed. I bypassed it in my game by recreating the PlayerList as a ui and giving up the ability to add friends, follow, block, etc. from the PlayerList.

I definitely don’t want to do this for something that only happens for Xbox players and can be easily gotten around assuming the player knows pressing B and X again fixes it. But I do think this leaves a bad first impression of the menu I have. Can you link other threads reporting this bug?

One engineer replied saying it’s an issue with gamepads being used on PC only, not sure if the issue exists on Xbox itself.

1 Like