Games freeze after a few minutes of playing

Problem started appearing after 578 update

When game is running for a few minutes (can range from 3 to 40)-game freezes, then monitor turns off, then back on again, but the roblox launcher remains white (if it had any music playing-it will still be playing), after trying to close it-windows error message pops out with an “apphangb1” problem, happens constantly

Windows 7 pro
Intel hd graphics 4000 (because laptop cant install drivers for nvidia geforce 630m, but it was working fine without it before update anyways)
4 GB of RAM
intel i5-3210M 2.5GHz
(its basically Lenovo G580 laptop)

I’ve read that apphangb1 is happening because of videocard drivers, but everything was working fine before the update and i just want to know if its a problem on my end or on app’s end and if anything other than reinstalling windows or drivers (which just hate me and im paranoid that everything will just break down if i’ll update intel hd drivers again) can fix the problem

what’s happening visualised: (2:35)

Log files were attached to the internal ticket by @Focia19, due to the sensitive information they may contain, will not be shared publicly!

14 Likes

We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database, and we’ll follow up when we have an update!

Thanks for the report!

9 Likes

update 582 seems to be released, issue is still present
logs/dump files
maybe there’s some other info i could try to provide to help resolving this?

2 Likes

i keep on checking if the issue is still present by playing once in a while and for the past hour there were no black-outs like i had before, i’ll keep on checking and if it wont happen in the next day or two-i’ll report the issue as solved
(however there’s something else now, i’ll make a ticket on that as well)

2 Likes

no its not fixed, spoke too soon…

3 Likes

I have the same problem too. Just Roblox, no other online game and not wifi as I have a 100+ Mbps upload speed

My specs:
Processor: Intel i5
RAM: 8GB

3 Likes

Probably because of your i5 paired with a low amount of ram. i5’s are extremely last gen so that could be the culprit.

2 Likes

client has been updated to 583 now (that’s FIVE versions after the one when issue started happening) and the thing is STILL present.

There was the problem back in may (when byfron was being implemented) where clients would just crash within a minute with a BEX64 error signature and it got fixed in 2.5 updates (yes it got fixed somewhere in-between of downloading updates) or in 2 weeks.

The freezing issue is still not fixed AFTER ALMOST A MONTH (27 days) and i feel like this thing will never get fixed, all the files i’ve read i should attach-i’ve attached, asked above if there’s something else needed-no answer, up to a point that issue escalates to other users (no “black-out” 's but behavior is absolutely identical).

I honestly dont know what else i should do to speed the process up (or at least give more info on the matter because it seems that sending logs/dumps doesnt help) because it gets annoying playing for 30 minutes thinking that the issue is fixed and then having it occur (after rebooting-client can last for up to an hour, later it dies in 1-2 minutes)

I’ll just attach the process how it’s happening (2:35, should’ve done it at the beggining…)

3 Likes

i’ve been playing for the past 2 days since the last update and the issue still present, BUT it takes A LOT more time for it to crash, now instead of 3-20 minutes it takes 2+ hours to “crash” (at least in my 2 long-play sessions it was the case)

dump/logs files

upd: no, nevermind, i somehow got lucky these 2 times, crashed in 20 minutes, gg
0.583.3.5831076_20230719T085923Z_Player_11244_last.log (30.1 KB)

2 Likes

anything new? 1.5 months and its all still the same

2 Likes

As a streamer this happens to me too. Is oddly annoying. And the fact that they talk about how in some cases our device is the problem gets me crazy, since roblox used to run Smooth and efficient before the byfron update, which makes no sence for me… The so called “hackers” and all of that STILL are actively hacking & leaking maps no matter what. So what is the big point here? Making the playerbase & developers gametime a hassle?..

2 Likes

The only thing that It did was to temporally stop the paid exploits, most of the free exploits are back, so yeah you have a point.

2 Likes

I have the same problem with Roblox Client too, after a few minutes of playing it freezes a for a moment, then I can continue playing, but sometimes it crashes which is very annoying

But thing is, it only happens on Roblox Client but the same problem doesn’t seem to occur on Roblox App (the application that is downloaded from Microsoft Store)

3 Likes

Yep, I thought so too. Roblox was running smoothly before one of the updates

2 Likes

Thats because the Roblox Support team has a document full of copy and paste responses. They should at least update it and make it more useful.

1 Like

This happens to me, but instead of my game completely crashing, it just freezes after 2 minutes, I did send a report but i forgot to actually update it with the info roblox needed :skull_and_crossbones:

My specs if it helps anyone identify the issue.
Intel I5
Geforce RTX 3050 mobile (drivers fully updated)
8GB of ram

1 Like

so 2+ months have passed since issue appeared, multiple updates and nothing has changed, there are no tips, no “try this” comments, no guidance, nothing.

I’ll just mark this message as solution to close the topic since its basically dead and forgotten about by developer team.

1 Like

happens to me when i run out of memory while using opera gx but idk you have a lot more than minimum

so true, almost 3 months and still having this issue, is super annoying crashing from nowhere at all times.

i have got it too on uwp version of roblox playing arsenal