Games with places created through CreatePlaceAsync marked as experimental and unplayable

There has been a severe bug lately with Experimental Mode.
Me and @F0xpaw have been working the entire day trying to “fix” this, but this is entirely on Roblox’s backend.

This is our game.

This is what F0xpaw says in this thread.

Yesterday, one of our team members attached a “Experimental Mode” game (it wasn’t even experimental mode at all, it just wasn’t played) to the universe of this game. Once attached, the entire system begun to malfunction, showing as Experimental mode and not allowing players to join and we took that game off immediately, and shut down the game.

Guess what? It didn’t remove this

So we disabled the place. And sure enough, the icon for Experimental Mode isn’t popping up on the game on
the develop’s page.
Therefore, experimental mode should be turned off.

Now, the play button is visible.

You join and it says “Player is not authorized to join the game.” Rather than the experimental mode error message.

And basically, we’re stuck. We’re locked. There’s nothing we can do to unlock this place, apparently.

This is severely hurting our game right now, you can try to play it currently. You can’t join. We’ve tried everything from shutdowns to making the game private, yet to no avail.

PS: Should I use the ROBLOXCRITICAL tag? Does this satisfy the “Preventing all players from connecting to a game and affecting multiple Roblox games”? Because this bug is very critical in our situation.

Edit: EchoReaper marked as ROBLOXCRITICAL.

16 Likes

This is really unfortunate.

One potential solution could be to re-add that experimental place, set it to non-experimental(FE), then teleport to that place instance within a live game. There’s currently an awful bug where FE places will stay experimental until it is played on a live server at least once.

If this doesn’t work, I think you should get staff’s attention and get this sorted out - I’ve personally never seen that error message before. Hope it gets fixed soon!

1 Like

I think they went too harsh on this update. It should only occur for users below 13.
Any game not FE is currently disabled for anyone to play.

Yes, it’s fine to apply ROBLOXCRITICAL here. CreatePlaceAsync was essential before reserved servers existed, so it’s likely that a large number of developers are affected – this is backed up by 10+ separate people posting similar stories on the developer forum. You have both serious (no one can join the game) and large impact, so this is definitely ROBLOXCRITICAL.

2 Likes

I’m suffering the same issue for Flood Escape 1 except for the fact that my game doesnt have any places within the game having be created through CreatePlaceAsync.

This is causing developers to lose traffic and revenue, something incredibly troubling for those that rely on the income from the platform.

1 Like

Please notify me when this is fixed, a friend of mine is having the exact same issue and it’s a massive problem.

1 Like

I’d suggest bookmarking this post in order to be able to easily come back to it if you haven’t!

Same issue here.

Tried playing the place too, doesn’t work.

Please refer to this thread, it solves this bug report: (if not, please contact Developer Relations)

3 Likes