Get a Refund if clothing item is Deleted

We should be able to get refunds for clothing we’ve bought that was moderated and deleted later.

Earlier today, i went to the customize avatar page on roblox, and saw that one of the shirts i bought was deleted. So i observed it, and it was indeed deleted (the reason why it was deleted was that had been moderated, which it wasnt really that bad, since it was one of those Lightning Blue Adidas shirts). So, i decided to remove it from my inventory, but then after I did that, it got me thinking. When something you own thats been created by users(UGC Accessories, Shirts, Pants, etc) that has been deleted from the catalog, shouldn’t you be given the promt to get a refund after it has been deleted?

The shirt itself was only 5 robux, which i dont mind removing it from my inventory, but if you bought something that was really expensive, like over 500 robux expensive, i feel like you should get a refund if it was deleted off the catalog.

Some people may think this is just stupid, but others may think the same thing i think, that if you payed for a item in the catalog and it just out of nowhere gets deleted, that they would want a refund.

Picture of Shirt Deleted

note: the group who made the shirt got locked, which is why the shirt is deleted.

anyone else who thinks this should be a feature too can give their opinions by replying to this post.

213 Likes

Yeah I agree with this tbh - I’m not that effected since I never change my character, but R$500 is a lot to those who don’t get income from games. It’s not the buyer’s fault that the asset got moderated; it’s roblox’s fault for letting it go through in the first place.

80 Likes

I think this should apply to all assets, not just clothing.

For example, if a paid-access game gets moderated, then Roblox should automatically refund the player the price it cost to purchase access in the game and all of their developer products/gamepasses purchased. Another example is plugins (they are now recently being sold). If the plugin gets moderated, then Roblox should just refund it.

66 Likes

I feel like this feature request has became more relevant than ever.

Use cases:

1. Blame gets put on the clothing designer, as users believe the designer deleted the clothing.
  2. Buyers buy copies of the original clothing so they can wear the same outfit
  3. Buying clothing is less risky from a buyer’s point of view- they don’t have to worry about throwing Robux down a drain.

When you own a UGC item that gets deleted you get refunded. So why doesn’t this also apply to clothing? It really hurts less so the buyer, but more so the creator.

35 Likes

I really agree with this, but what would happen in case the content moderation was appealed successfully?
Will the refund be reverted? Or will the original owners have to buy this asset again?

19 Likes