Get Ready for Updated Experience Controls

It baffles me that the health bar being added back to the right side does not have it, so it adjusts your UI. I would prefer my UI to be placed beside the health bar instead of underneath it.

It is confusing to me why this was chosen to be the case

People are overreacting as always, the size of the new “topbar” is not that big of a deal. Desktop users have more space on their screen anyway. The new design is, objectively, a huge improvement over the old one.

What I do not understand, however, is the duplication of some functions across the UI. Why have Reset Character and Report in two different places?

1 Like

:huh:

Looks like the hamburger menu was compressed to be a bit smaller. (This change isn’t available in Studio yet.)

3 Likes

Why did they just remove the option to Pin the icons to the unibar. :sad:

1 Like

Is there any way to hide the base inventory slots and chat? I’m using custom inventory icons and custom chat which got messed up with the new interface, how do I make the invisible?
I need to fix this (which previously didn’t show up) and also hide the original chat…

1 Like

game:GetService("StarterGui"):SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Backpack, false)

2 Likes

StarterGui:SetCore(“TopbarEnabled”) doesnt hide the buttons on the unibar anymore. Will this be fixed?

3 Likes

its already october 15th but its not rolled out for me

2 Likes

Most likely later throughout the day.

1 Like

I really can’t wait to see my game with those new controls inside the roblox app. I had the chance to use them only through roblox studio.

Any way to revert?

There appears to be a random slight gap at the top again, which luckily was fixed with the previous UI :confused:

And eh… I don’t like the dark look. Is there a way to customise it? If so, does anyone happen to have the old UI as a model, for example?

Controls are now live!

Uh, did you accidentally quote the wrong post

I sure did, woops!

Fixed now <3

Please return the pinning of the buttons!:pray: I was waiting for this update just for pinning the inventory button on mobile.

4 Likes

While you do that can you let us devs adjust the transparency? I want it to be .5 like the old topbar. .3 looks too dark in a few of my games because they have lots of soft and pastel colors. PLEASE AND THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING

Hey, I just wanted to suggest that you guys could 100% take some time to add a size setting inside of the menu to control the scale of the topbar.
We are already receiving settings for text scaling in menus and stuff, so why not allowing us to at least modify how convenient we want the topbar to be for ourselves?

Yes, I’m aware of the pain it’d be to manage as a developer, but think of it like this: we’d have small topbars again at the same time we’d be able to keep the bigger ones intended for mobile devices!

1 Like

Do you have an estimate of when Self View’s redesign is coming? I was kind of hoping it would be out before the new controls released to everyone. SocialService’s SelfView methods still don’t work with the current design.

Is there anyway to remove the stupid hamburger button?
Looks like there isn’t as of now. Hope it becomes a feature.