GetFriendsOnline() Changed?

The values returned from the GetFriendsOnline dictionary changed. It was returning the JobId of their server as the GameId, but it suddenly changed?

I was using it to display the users friends that were playing in the same game universe, along with showing some statistics for that server via JobId coming from a web api. Yes, I know about GetPlayerPlaceInstanceAsync, but everything was working pretty smoothly doing it client side.

1 Like

The glory of Roblox - changing how stuff works without us knowing. I too can reproduce this (broke my friend following system).

I’d have to imagine this is some attempt on the part of ROBLOX to improve game security though I haven’t ran into any exploits abusing the accessibility of a server’s JobId.

What’s strange to me is that the API doesn’t reflect these changes whatsoever, and it still lists the GameId as returning the JobId

1 Like

Trying to figure this out too. According to this post from 2018, GameId did indeed return JobId. Perhaps they “fixed” it without updating the API page?

1 Like