GetGroupInfoAsync should include the number of members in a group

GetGroupInfoAsync currently returns the group’s name, Id (kind of pointless since you already know and used the ID to retrieve this data, but alright), owner info, description, emblem, and rank info, but is lacking information about the number of members in the group. It’d be nice if this was included in GetGroupInfoAsync as well. Use cases:

• General Info (i.e. in a list of groups that you have for whatever reason in your UI you can include member count so players can tell if they’re a startup with 3 members or if they’ve been around for a while with 100,000 members)
  • Metrics (x groups raided my place in the last month - how many members did they have? Have the clans raiding us been getting bigger or smaller over time? What have we done to cause that change (if any)?)
  • Access limitations (“only groups above 1,000 members can participate” to prevent 1-player groups from flooding an event)

This single number is already kept track of and displayed on each individual group’s page, so it won’t require any special effort to include like something such as retention rate for members.

21 Likes

Probably it could also be interesting if the number of players for each rank individually were included in the “Roles” sub-dictionary?

2 Likes

Can we get an update on this? My game could really use this function right now.

The way I am trying to use membercount is to display all the groups a user has, and their membercount. Using the Roblox web API with a proxy is unreliable. Even if visiting for the first time you could get an error of sending too many requests. It would be so much easier if GetGroupInfoAsync just included membercount, I really don’t know why it doesn’t in the first place

5 Likes