Getting Started with Moon Animator 2 - [Unofficial]

tysm, i didnt know how to use this amazing plugin but now i see it is like 200% better than the normal roblox animator

1 Like

Hi, just a simple question, why can’t i switch from rotate to move?
My friend told me to press R but nothing has happened…
Am I not getting something?

Edit 1: I’m using Nohboard to show you what keys I’m pressing

Your keyboard is very strange. Maybe in your country the keys are different

1 Like

Oh sorry, I forgot to tell you that moon animator used to work before i updated it…

1 Like

Hi, would there be a option where you could insert the player name as a variable in the subtitles? And also that the character of the player loads for each cutscene?

1 Like

Hi! How would you share an animation with someone that hired you to make one? I know how to do it with the normal roblox plugin, but not moon animator. Thank you for reading

1 Like

You can export it and you will find the animation in a folder in serverstorage. Save to file and send it.

2 Likes

Hey so I have seen some people hide moon animators UI, but can still play the animation.
What I mean is, whenever I want to play the animation but want to hide the UI, I would have to close Moon Animator, which means I cannot use it. But I have seen people where the UI of Moon Animator does not show but they can still play the animation, I really wanna know how to do that :confused:

2 Likes

CTRL + H is used to hide the UIs.

6 Likes

Is there a way to export it as an Animation Object instead of a Keyframe Sequence. Or is there a way to turn the Keyframe Sequence into an Animation Object?

If you click “export” you get an animation object that you can upload to roblox

1 Like

Is it the “Export All” button? Because that creates a Keyframe Sequence for me and not an Animation Object. If it’s a different button, what tab is it under?

1 Like

The blue squares are the objects you have to save to your inventory

Ok, as far as I know those are not playable animations. I am not making a movie or anything, I am trying to create animations that can be used in a game. I have to use Moon Animator because the default roblox Animation Editor can’t make Animations for custom rigs. Is there not a way to export the Animation as an ‘Animation Object’?

You’re mistaken, the blue squares are called KeyframeSequence, due to the security of Roblox, you

may not play those with the default Roblox Humanoid method, LoadAnimation. You have to click on

the blue square that gets sent to MoonAnimatorExports, and click Save To Roblox, then it will say

“Sucessfully Uploaded”, look down and check for the small "ID: " text, click the 2 cascading squares,

this will copy the ID. Then you can use it ingame (AnimationController or Humanoid)

SUMMARY

Blue Squares = KeyframeSequence, these are not playable with roblox’s default animation player.
Animation Objects, the one you want, are created by saving the KeyframeSequences to Roblox.

2 Likes

This is what I’m trying to explain but I’m not English

1 Like

Thankyou so much. This is exactly what I was looking for!

how do i move keyframes, im a noob at this.
(EDIT) It is shift

How do you add a keyframe between two keyframes?

And how do you reset a keyframe so the limb goes to its original orientation and position?

Click “G” to add a keyframe with original position and orientation (values)

3 Likes