Getting Started with Moon Animator 2 - [Unofficial]

Even if you don’t have a number pad you can still use the normal keys (if you did have them), or just use the menus instead. You can buy a USB number pad if you really need keyboard shortcuts.

@IConsumeCheddar Microsoft PowerToys allows you to remap keys. I used it to swap my End and Delete keys as they were the wrong way round on my new keyboard (and I swapped the physical keys over too by pulling them out and popping them back in the right place).

What do you mean by normal keys because shift + 4 (plus) doesn’t work

Also what do you mean by menus

I also use a laptop

1 Like

No, that’s false. If you can’t do that just buy a USB keyboard.

And I think csqrl means the Moon Animator menus.

Is there a way to add event markers like the default roblox animator plugin for scripting?

2 Likes

Do you know a way to rename keyframes on this animator? I want to add events to the animations but I can’t find a way to specify the keyframe where the events happen.

how do u keyframe an object manually lol, i’ve been trying to figure it out for like 30 minutes, but no tutorial/guide is saying how and just doing it…

You move (cframe) the part, then when you are happy with how it is positioned, rotated, scaled, etc, you press the [+] plus sign button

2 Likes

ohhh, thank u a lot! appreciate it, i was trying to figure it out for so long LOL

1 Like

Can you tell me all the keys and what does it do?
It’s like : “if you press that key and do this then this happen”

1 Like

Is there a way to snap to grid? Because its really hard to exactly pinpoint a position without it for me.

1 Like

Uhm, how do I playtest an animation?

You have to go to Options, and then enable “Always Use Increment”.

I am not sure if the increment size is customizable though…

I think this affects it:

4 Likes

You literally just have to press spacebar to play the animation, and when it’s playing, hit spacebar again to pause it.

2 Likes

(for @Dfzoz and @Neotrinax)

Sadly, you cannot add animation events in moon animator. The only way you can add animation events is if you use the built-in Roblox animation editor.

2 Likes

How do I export physical parts in the animation? Like can I export particle effects, parts, and other things, or just the rigs? This is what I mean. Here’s a test anim.

There is no possible way of exporting anything other than Rigs. These effects are not rigs, but the character is a rig. Effects like these are coded, not animated.

2 Likes

Is there any easy way to convert it to code or will it have to be manual?

I recently made an animation using moon animator where I animated CFrame, Size, and transparency of objects and Decals. When I went to export it and save it to Roblox 6, all of the parts I animated it with disappeared, could someone please tell me how to get the parts back, thank you.

I know that you have to script them, but could you tell me how to script it with the animation, so it looks the same. I made that animation so I did not have to script the parts, because they were being buggy.

Nope, you have to manually script the effects. For example, if you want an explosion at the player’s position, you will need a model that looks like an explosion, and then spawn it inside the player with code, and then make it larger overtime, and make it disappear in the end.

1 Like