Getting the IP of running game servers

That doesn’t make sense. If that were the case then how can clients connect to a new server?

1 Like

I was tagged on this thread by @wevetments referencing to an old thread I made.

My latest information regarding this topic is here: https://developer.polymatic.co/t/verifying-roblox-server-connections/27/2

As already mentioned in this thread, Roblox rely on third-party hosting companies. The above information is all the AS numbers assigned to all Roblox third-party hosts. You can use public API’s such as https://ipinfo.io to return information for an IP addess and check the AS number.

Edit: To add more information - for anyone who needs it - the Roblox server also sends a “Roblox-Id” header which is the placeId. Just thought I’d also throw that in for anyone who has a use for it. (:

Hopefully this is helpful to someone :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I worked out how to do it. I won’t give any source code, but I can explain how it was done.

There is an endpoint for joining a Roblox game (which I won’t give out, find it yourself). If you send a request to that (making sure you are authenticated with a .ROBLOXSECURITY cookie and all your headers setup, see below) you will get a response with not much in it. This bit is a little weird (I’m not sure why it works like this), but if it is a normal player owned place then you must send two requests to the endpoint, and three if it is a group game.

On your second or third request (depending if it is group or player owned), there will be a response with a bit more info. In the response, there will be joinScriptUrl. Send a GET request to this and you will receive all sorts of juicy info, like the server IP and port.

Using the IP returned from the Roblox API, I am able to compare that to the IP that made the request and then issue a private key.

6 Likes

The method you described for getting a roblox server IP sounds like one for getting a random IP. How are you using that Roblox API to verify the specific IP of an existing game server? Or are you requiring that all new servers be started via this method?

I find this project really interesting and would like to know more, please contact me on
discord; tonumber#0001