Give access to certain people so they don't have to pay for a game

Say you had a few alpha testers for a game, and you wanted them to still be part of the game, without having to pay for paid access (if you do decide to do it).

I think a menu on settings where you can freely add people so that they don’t have to pay for access would be a great addition to developing.

80 Likes

this’d be great, currently my idea is to let the game be free though once they get in they either have to buy the paid access game pass to get in or do nothing but stair at that GUI in game :stuck_out_tongue:

Though in a studio group I am in, we have a developer rank which allows our developers the access to any of our games in studio, though it also seems to give them free access to the game on roblox even though its paid access.

What’d be nice is to also have a way for people that ARE NOT in such rank but in some sort of “VIP” list to still get in for free ( which is what the OP is saying )

1 Like

That’s a surprisingly effective way to destroy your like to dislike ratio

20 Likes

True though its clearly stated the game has close to no playable content, you’d be surprised to see the game’s like/dislike atm ( though we do not use the game pass anymore )

3 Likes

This is what happens with my game as wellScreenshot_174.png

4 Likes

An idea I’ve always wanted to do: allow players to pay for a developer product that’s the same amount as the cost of the game to buy access for their NBC friends. If a game is only 30 ROBUX, it would be super cheap for them to get another friend in there to play with them, I’d make even more ROBUX, and NBC players would be more happy with my game knowing it was possible for them to get into it.

7 Likes

Yeah, that’s actually a great idea.

I’m going to bump this again. I still feel like this would be a great addition to ROBLOX.

2 Likes

@TheGamer101 side project maybe?

He isn’t a web-intern though.

Thought he was for some reason.

Aka: Paid access whitelist

6 Likes

Support! This would be really useful!

Yeah like early access on steam

(Without them actually having to pay)

I’ve wanted this to do giveaways for early access on my game.

10 Likes

Personal server whitelist/blacklist could be applied to all games to solve the issue. You can whitelist testers and whatnot to a private place and users have limited banning privileges in the game without needing scripting knowledge or sketchy free-models.

2 Likes

As did I

I’m sure that this would be a really easy feature to implement. Writing a few lines of code on studio and when published allows you to click play.

I’m not sure implementing that in studio is the way to solve it. That means whenever you published a place it would have to parse the place for that information, and it would require updating the place to change an unrelated feature.

A web tab in your place/game config that has “Grant Access” where you can type a username would be best imho. It’s always fun when making a paid group game to have to buy the game myself before I play it :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes