Giving out my bike system

Thanks for this great contribution! I will definitely take use of it immedietly in one way or another. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! Is there R15 support?

1 Like

Amazing! I wonder what kind of game I could make with it. :thinking:

1 Like

It replaces the character with its own character model so yes.

1 Like

This is amazing. I’m in love. <3 Thanks so much @x_o

2 Likes

you are my god

4 Likes

Bad. Ass. Can’t wait to give this a look later tonight.

3 Likes

Can Confirm. It’s a lot of fun.

(You have to turn on trick mode, however, I’m sure you’ll figure it out quickly.)

3 Likes
3 Likes

Is this based on David Rosen’s GDC talk? I stumbled on ik bunnies a while back and suspected that’s what was going on there; the bike’s maintaining the core principles of the talk.

If so it’s really cool to see just how far his procedural methods can take you. I would have never guessed that it would be able to animate a pedal bike so well.

3 Likes

Yeah, a lot of the stuff I’ve made has been super inspired by that talk.

3 Likes

OWO omg

1 Like

Added X-Up and Endo to the trick list if anybody would like them.

Edit: 1/1/2021
I’m no longer handing out copies of these. Endo is a reverse wheelie so just do the current wheelie code but in reverse to achieve this.

4 Likes

MX vs ATV Unleashed, of course.

2 Likes

Honestly considered making some of the FMX maps from that game. Lol.

1 Like

anthro support?
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Does this use procedural animation? If so, I might use it to learn from

I don’t mean to necrobump this thread, however
I get about 5-6 DMs per month asking about how I referenced a trick mode that can be enabled. I’m really sick of getting these PMs, so I just want to add here how to turn that on.

In the control script, in StarterPlayerScripts

You need to uncomment this code.

Thus:

--[[elseif inputObject.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.E then
EVENTS.Trick:Fire(CHARACTER, "Test")
elseif inputObject.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Q then
EVENTS.Trick:Fire(CHARACTER, "Test2")]]

Becomes

elseif inputObject.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.E then
EVENTS.Trick:Fire(CHARACTER, "Test")
elseif inputObject.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Q then
EVENTS.Trick:Fire(CHARACTER, "Test2")

What tricks will run & what button they are tied to also comes from this segment.

It can only run trick animations found in the Trick Folder. If you want to add more, or rename a trick, do so there.

Here you can see all the tricks I managed to come up with, as well as adding support for Xbox Players to use tricks. (You’ll need to add support to the other areas of the control script to get it fully working for controllers.)

To create new tricks, use Test, Test2, and Wheelie, as bases. Just start changing some stuff around and see what it does. Endo is just an inverse of wheelie. I’m happy to see people still love this system as much as I did when @x_o first dropped it out for free to everyone.

5 Likes

So, I’ve run into a problem.

To start, this is amazing. Thank you so much for this.

I made a giant cave map to ride around in. You start on the surface and go down. Issue is: When you go past about 250 studs into the ground, I get sent back to spawn. I know very little scripting, and I’ve already tried FallenPartsDestroyedHeight. Could someone help me out?

1 Like

Can you tell me how to turn on trick mode please!