Glassmorphism in UI

Hey DevForum!

I’m trying to create glassmorphism, like shown below. I was thinking of using viewports, but I’m not too sure how to do that. Does anyone know? Thanks!

5 Likes

I’m almost completely sure you can’t bend images with the current ui, the only way I can think of that is really stupid in my mind would be to create a legitimate glass block render stepped locally in front of the camera? Although viewports might work? I’m not sure how good the lighting is in viewports though!
Edit: I think it is a viewport frame though, as it is also blurry in the area, and the only effect I know that can create a blur like that is the Blur effect in lighting… Sorry my answer doesn’t help much! Sorry again, ahh…

1 Like

In conclusion, no you can’t use post-processing effects in a ViewportFrame.

Edit: The post below me outlines a method that uses a frame put together with Gaussian blur in combination with reduced transparency to create (what I believe is) your intended effect.

2 Likes

This might be a part placed in front of the camera, with a DepthOfField effect set really close:

2 Likes

what if you just cframed a glass part to a players camera, made it barely visible, and used surfaceguis on it.

1 Like