Glitchy looking blocks

Ok so basically when i have blocks that all together they make that spazzy flickering look when you look it, so how do i make all look like one block? I haven’t used studio awhile.

Maybe adding some pictures would help us to help you with your request. But I guess that you’re talking about 2 layers overlapping each other with different colours, in most cases this one occurs that flickering.

I think I know what you mean, and to make it look like one block, you just have to have the blocks touch, but not morph.

Thats named z fighting/clashing, it happens when two blocks collide together? Use union to fix that.

Yes see overlapping thats it but its the same color as the others.

Normal:
Screenshot 2020-05-09 at 19.21.14

Overlapping with different colours:
Screenshot 2020-05-09 at 19.21.25

Overlapping with the same colours:
Screenshot 2020-05-09 at 19.21.36

Thanks for quick responses, it helps a lot! :+1:

PLEASE do not use Unions as a crutch to fix z-fighting! This will cause all kinds of performance issues later on and the alternatives - offset a part by 0.01, or resizing it so it’s not overlapping, or many other better solutions - are way less destructive to the objects you’re fixing for the majority of cases.

Unions should only be used for complex geometry if you don’t have the skill set for other (better) 3D modelling software. There are very few edge cases where unions could be used to fix visual issues, but generally it’s best to reserve them for complex geometry.

3 Likes