Global issues with buying developer products in multiple games

Roblox atm is having a lot of issues. Dev products and group store and Studio bug on studio testing.

The bug seems to have been fixed once I shut down my games servers.

1 Like

Now on the 4th days of this bug happening, I got many reports from our players about this problem. When I test it myself, it works fine. But it definitely happens to some of our players. This need to be fixed as soon as possible. “Transaction failed, your account has not been charged, please try again later” but the Robux still being subtracted.

This issue is not resolved yet. I’m continuing to get messages from players encountering this issue.

To be 100% clear on the details:

1. Player attempts to purchase a developer product
  2. Roblox says the purchase failed, but the purchase actually does go through and the Robux is deducted from their account - however, the game is unable to process the purchase immediately
  3. Player attempts to buy the product multiple times again, each time failing and deducting even more Robux
  4. Later at some point when the player leaves and rejoins the game, all of the previous “failed” purchases actually do get processed by the game - but this still means the player made multiple purchases they didn’t intend to

It’s no longer happening 100% of the time, but it’s still negatively impacting a small subset of players.

@RoughSphereBlox

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for letting us know about this issue. This issue is a side effect of a bug happening previously that got fixed, but the fix only applied to the new version of the app (387). We realized that on Friday, and force upgraded players to the new version (387). We believe this to have been resolved in 387, so if there are any instances of players running into this on 387, please let us know. There are still a small population of players on older versions, but they should be upgraded soon.

4 Likes

Are the players going to get compensated for the failed purchase?

The purchases didn’t really fail. They go through but players had to restart the game to see the result of the purchase which is definitely a bad user experience. Our CS Agents have been instructed to let players know about this, and compensate them if they are not satisfied.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! I’ll let the players know to go to customer service.

Yeah, they had no idea about the bug of the result. So many of them purchased the same developer product many times.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.