Got scammed by hiring a programmer

Maybe try this

9 Likes

The code could be worse. Tho, haven’t seen it all so idk how the rest looks.

6 Likes

pretty sure your account gets one rollback. you can contact support about it, and they should be able to refund you.

7 Likes

5 years? nah if you try hard u can be more advanced in 4 years (me), if u remove breaks and for some reason practice 24/7, half or 1 year i guess

6 Likes

This looks like my code when I first started coding lol

6 Likes

i actually check if it is a player to get correct type checking. But now I learnt
Players:GetPlayers(): {Player}

Old way of me doing

for _, Player in Players:GetChildren() do
	if Player:IsA('Player') then
		-- Code goes here
	else
		warn('Why is smth random parented to Players 💀')
	end
end

i don’t do the else thing

New way (+2 Lines)

for _, Player in Players:GetPlayers() do
	-- Code here
end
6 Likes

I’m guessing he ethier lied, or just started 5 years ago learned for 6 months and stopped :sob:

5 Likes

That is nowhere near 6 months of experience

5 Likes

Yeah I honestly don’t know I started coding 5 years ago on/off so in 6 months that was me lol

4 Likes

I like how this went from giving sympathy and help to a victim of scamming to bullying the scammer in every way imaginable.

6 Likes

My main issue is why is he using usernames :sob: , its a matter of choice but honestly UserIds, are the way to go. From my experience people change their usernames and at the most inconvient of times

7 Likes

Same, because how do you have 5 years of experience and still use
if whatever == true then instead of if whatever then

7 Likes

Furthermore, why is he checking if the player is a descendant of players lol.

3 Likes

Yeah, why would that be an issue? because if it wasnt the player should be kicked lol.

3 Likes

I think he just grab the stuff from the ProfileService example which does that…

3 Likes

I’ve honestly never used profile service but why would you think they do that?

3 Likes

Just to check if a player is a descendant of players which means if the player is in the Players service.

4 Likes

From my experience if the player is moved from the playersservice or removed they get kicked from the game, plus they only way they would be moved is using serversided code. Super Weird

3 Likes

The player variable comes from the parameters of the playerAdded event, which is a descendant of players upon the event occurring.

3 Likes

This line is from the official ProfileService example code Save your player data with ProfileService! (DataStore Module)

3 Likes