Grab These New Physical Dragger Features!

This is an internal rig we use to test constraints, I don’t think it’s publically available unfortunately :frowning:

A tutorial would be neat though

6 Likes

For Canadians, it’s Thanksgiving. Pretty cool surprise.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s my concern. I think it might be jarring to switch between the modes and have different behaviors of alt. I’m almost always holding it, since I usually would rather select individual parts. I’ll have to see how it goes, but my first impression is that an option to have the new alt behavior on (or off, I guess) for both modes rather than just one would make it easier to get used to. I obviously haven’t used it enough to say for sure, though, so I trust I’ll get used to it either way.

5 Likes

Gotcha, and yes, this was a concern for us. Could you let us know how it goes for you as you use it? We do betas to collect feedback like this!

4 Likes

Ok, this is sick! I have been wanting something similar to the last thing. Bc then I have to ungroup, or go through workspace and find the object.

2 Likes

Thanks for the hard working improvements on Roblox :wink:

5 Likes

This looks very good I can’t wait to try this out for my self.

This. Is. Amazing. I looked at it at first and was like “eh, what more could they have done with the move tool” but then I watched the videos and my mind was just blown. That is so cool, thank you Roblox!

2 Likes

Finally, this is what we need! But however, just like the octopus at the video, when you drag it’s head, the leg will move right? Sorry if this is a dumb question but, does that involve constraint and how do it make that? Moreover, if we script the movement of the head, will the legs will follow as well?

I tested this out myself and man I was blown away.

4 Likes

Yes this new feature is all about the dragger respecting constraints instead of just ignoring them.

You can add constraints in the explorer or the Create button in the Constraints section of the Model tab

As for scripts, I assume you mean once you hit play. Constraints are always fully simulated in play mode so there’s nothing new on that end

3 Likes

Ah I see! Thanks for brightening me up. Now the last thing they need to do is make a tutorial of it on developer.roblox.com

1 Like

It will be helpful for anyone making something that can take a snapshot of the current pose, and convert it to animation data.
This would save a LOT of frustration when making animations on complex rigs.

Also since I am still noob at the UIs of Roblox Studio, which constraint should I add to make it work?

2 Likes

Oops! Looks like it is the rope constraint does the job.

2 Likes

The animation editor already natively supports an IK dragging mode similar this (though not exactly the same), click here to enabled it:

5 Likes

I had no idea this existed before but now I’m in love :flushed:

5 Likes

OMG, this is an awesome update! I’m looking forward to try it.

3 Likes

:open_mouth: awesome ive alws wanted this

2 Likes

This is actually a cool feature and It looks so good here is a video of the physical feature with a bee pet i made

5 Likes