Grapejuice - Easily run Roblox on Linux

It does not seem to work on arch.

You should add more details, as itā€™s definitely an issue on your end. Works fine on Arch Linux for me.

nvm i fixed it
it has not installed the Dependencies

Alright. Just asked because adding empty bash scripts in place of those two programs seems to fix it, so evidently theyā€™re not hard requirements by Grapejuice.

@Brinker7 Does Grapejuice work on Zorin OS 16? The download page (wiki) has it only listed as Zorin OS 15.2 working properly. Iā€™ve been having some problems, such as grapejuice not even starting up. I donā€™t know if this is related, so I just wanted to ask so you could update the download page if it is functional.

Yes Grapejuice works on Zorin 16. Grapejuice itself is just Python after all. Just mind that you need a version of Wine that is higher than 6.11. You can get the from the WineHQ repositories using a build from either the staging or devel branch. Just keep in mind that at the moment the WineHQ repositories are broken due to a bug: WineHQ Bugzilla ā€“ Bug 51746 ā€“ 6.17 WineHQ packages depend on libvkd3d1 1.2 (Debian 11 & Testing, Ubuntu 20.04 & 21.04)

1 Like

Will there be support for an fps unlocker?

The feature to install the Roblox FPS unlocked was contributed by a community member a while ago. It hasnā€™t been properly mentioned in update logs yet because Iā€™ve been having a severe lack of time :frowning:

Its only a button away in the Grapejuice gui:
Screenshot_2021-09-16_03-19-13

3 Likes

Is there a way to pass environmental variables to Roblox? I need to do this for dual GPU reasons.
Iā€™m also having issues with camera movement in Studio, where a little bit of mouse movement makes my camera move a lot.

1 Like

Hey there, Iā€™ve been trying to use grapejuice but I have an issue : So I installed wine 6.18 and grapejuice itself but when I click the ā€œinstall robloxā€ button it doesnā€™t do anythingā€¦

EDIT : I think it kind of installed roblox but when I click ā€œroblox studioā€ in the grapejuice gui it tells me itā€™s not installed and when I try to launch it from Firefox on the roblox website it asks me to launch it and then nothing happensā€¦

Tried this out a few months ago, back when I thought linux would be viable for my daily workload. No matter how many different operating systems I installed it on or the way in which I did it, it would never work.

It has worked on my Arch for quite some time now (and does on peopleā€™s other distributions too) - so Iā€™m finally able to daily drive Linux :slight_smile: I recommend you join the Discord server to get support. Itā€™s probably something minor. There are many places in which it could have broken for you.

• Do you have graphics drivers installed?
  • Did you follow every step of the installation guide?
  • Did you get wine-tkg? I think normal wine works as well, but Iā€™m not sure.
  • Did you consult the Grapejuice logs (including the player and launcher)?
1 Like

Will Grapejuice get support in the future for Steamā€™s Proton?

Isnā€™t Proton limited to Steam games only?

Because itā€™s open source and a Wine fork, it can be used for 3rd party clients as well. Just look at the perfect example, Heroic Game Launcher. (3rd Party Epic Games client for Linux)

1 Like

This is all down to individual compatibility. Steam has nothing to do with Protonā€™s function, directly.

1 Like

You can use Proton-ifyed builds of wine-tkg for Proton, however outside of that Proton is just WINE with some extra patches that you can apply yourself through things such as wine-tkg and would not be appropriate for use outside of Steam.

1 Like

Every time I have tried using Grapejuice, itā€™s been 100% unusable. Itā€™s a buggy & unstable mess for me. If I had a second GPU, I would just be doing VFIO passthroughs and call it a day with a Win11 Pro VM, but I donā€™t exactly have a second GPU laying around.

Grapejuice has been working remarkably fine for me up until now. There seems to be a strange bug for games with Team Create (or maybe just for mine) where if you edit a script, then exit editing that script, and re-edit the same script once itā€™s done applying the edits, studio just crashes.

Have you tried dxvk, and the wine-tkg build? Those solve most performance and bugs Iā€™ve encountered so far.

1 Like