Group Blacklist via Trello

How can I make a trello group ban which kicks the user via trello if they are in a group! Not sure how to do it!

DM me here on discord Dark…#2209 if anyone can help

if you know javascript that that is possible but i suggest using google spreadsheets

Why would you use Trello for that? That’s not ideal. You can easily check if they are in a roblox group by doing the following:

player:IsInGroup(GroupID)

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/Player/IsInGroup

1 Like

One of my staff told me to, they said it was easier

Your staff member is incorrect. That’s a lot more complicated. If you are using Trello, you have to use so many more functions to return a boolean. What I suggested is the best in this situation.

Also, please do not use Trello for this kind of stuff. Trello is not a database. You should be using Tello as intended: Planning your game and progressing through development, not this.

1 Like

Yes, it can be updated live though

What? Player:IsInGroup() returns you whether they are in a group or not. If you want LIVE group changes (ie changing the value of what group they should be in), you should be using another database system like MongoDB. Trello, I repeat, is not a database.

1 Like
local players = game:GetService("Players")
local groups = game:GetService("GroupService")
local getGroups = groups.GetGroupsAsync

local blacklistedGroups = {1} --Blacklisted group IDs here.

local function onPlayerAdded(player)
	local success, result = pcall(getGroups, groups, player.UserId)
	if success then
		if result then
			for _, group in ipairs(result) do
				if table.find(blacklistedGroups, group.Id) then
					player:Kick("You are a member of a blacklisted group!")
				end
			end
		end
	else
		warn(result)
	end
end

players.PlayerAdded:Connect(onPlayerAdded)

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/GroupService/GetGroupsAsync

3 Likes

What does this code even mean? Please explain it.

See About the Scripting Support category.

You can just use a DataStore. Trello is not a database.

if you want to use trello, you can check at my TrelloAPI

If you have any questions about how to use them you can post directly below in my post also if you want you will find our support server, you can enter and ask for information for what you need.

Make this a LocalScript:

local Players = game.Players
local GroupIds = {000000, 000000, 000000} -- Change to the blacklisted group id(s).

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(p)
    for i = 1, #GroupIds do
        if p:IsInGroup(i) then
            p:Kick('No access!')
        end
    end
end)