Group member search only works for exact usernames

Happens in the roleset search and the payouts search.

2 Likes

Same thing with join request search.

I’ve noticed this being an issue for a very long time.

1 Like

I thought it was always suppose to be like that, but would be better to type quick and not exact.

Sometimes people’s names are so hard to remember exactly that it’s easier just to copy and paste them. It’s a little bit frustrating, not just a matter of speed.

This should be in #feature-requests not #bug-reports. Since that’s what it is supposed to do, though a comprehensive redo of the group management features would be nice, giving more powers to people who use Roblox for community over games.

I think that if we could search the Roblox user database without names being tagged in the search bar, it would also make this easier.

1 Like

They mentioned at the RDC that the user database search is filtered to prevent inappropriate usernames that have bypassed the filter to show up. They stated that rather than removing the entire filter, they should instead improved on the filter itself. I wonder how that is going tbh.

That would be interesting except they still tag out tons and tons of totally legal stuff.

1 Like

Again, they need to improve, not remove. I’m pretty sure there’s a forum for a request to unfilter words that shouldn’t be filtered. Nothing can ever be 100% perfect.

You are correct, absence of a feature is not the same as a bug.

This should be in #feature-requests:web-features.

1 Like