Group Name Change is now available

Really nice, but when we will able to move our games to a group without losing anything (including search results)?

8 Likes

on my way to change “pizza fan club” to “ice cream fan club”

10 Likes

This is amazing! Thank you so much for this feature :clap:

7 Likes

When you say:

Your group’s previous name will be recycled and available for use after 90 days

Is this like usernames, in that it’s still locked to the original group or does recycle mean that it gets tossed back into the public domain? [hence searching does not pull up the previous name]

Seeing the previous group names section:
makes me believe that group names do not get tossed to public domain, but I just wanted to confirm for certain.

18 Likes

Gone are the days where groups would have to be shut down and remade for a name change! Seriously though, this feature is very helpful for everyone on the platform. I will look forward to seeing this feature being used :smile:

7 Likes

Yes they finallly did it group change name update

9 Likes

Changing your username only really affects you, whereas changing your group name will affect everyone in it. It would be annoying to be constantly spammed with group name change notifications, anyway.

6 Likes

I don’t currently have a use for this but awesome this is finally a thing. The only thing I find weird is that it costs the same amount to rename as it costs to create a group.

8 Likes

Rip to the people who can’t afford, like me.

10 Likes

Great addition, now it’ll be easier to re-brand groups without creating whole new ones

5 Likes

Thanks so much for adding this amazing feature its really going to help group owners.

5 Likes

This is a much-welcomed update, I cannot tell you the number of times I’ve made a group, thought I liked the name but later on hated it. The logistical nightmare of moving members to a new group just for a name change is awful, but no longer will that be an issue.

Hopefully Roblox keeps up this streak of releasing updates we actually need!

6 Likes

This is great and all but I think 100 robux is far too much. I get that it’s better than making a completely new group if you have a lot of roles but you might as well just make a new group if your group has just a few roles. Should probably be decreased to 40 or something.

16 Likes

I really do appreciate group updates. Now all we have to do is wait until ROBLOX allow us to payout % per asset / game for the group to be recyclable for multiple games.

Are 0 member groups going to be recycled?

11 Likes

This is finally here! I’ve been waiting for this feature for so long. Would any settings change when you change the name? For example, roles?

4 Likes

A feature long overdue but worth it. My sucky group name, Pinleon Studios, can now be changed!

What a great update to start off 2022, now I hope you

improve your moderation.

Also, like zw1ce said, group funds should be able to be used.

13 Likes

What a great start to 2022! :smiley:

However, like group ranks, you should be able to purchase it with group funds too.

11 Likes

It goes back into the public domain after 90 days. Previous names are not searchable -you can’t search by previous name, in this instance Cacti Embracers and find Cacti Enthusiasts, and after 90 days someone else could use the name Cacti Embracers. We still show all previous names on the Group Details Page for posterity.

8 Likes

This is incredible! When I try to modify the name of my group, this image appears? how long would I have to be the owner?

12 Likes

I have 3 questions about this…

Any chance that the owner of the group would be excluded from this since some group owners may want to swap over the names on their groups but can’t because of this restriction.

Will there be a new ‘group name was taken’ telling you you have to wait X days.

Also, is there any plans to return previous group names in GetGroupInfoAsync, as my experience would benefit greatly if this was added to the api.

Altogether, this is a great update.

7 Likes