Group Payout Time Restriction Leads to Inability to Get Paid on Time

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to get paid on time. After joining a development group, I’m required to wait 2 full weeks before I can be paid through that group. This makes it impossible to be paid by a client until that period has elapsed. Over half of the US work force lives paycheck to paycheck and can’t afford a 2-week delay.

The only solution is to go off the Roblox platform and be paid via a third-party payment processor like PayPal.

I understand the goal is to limit the damage done when a studio is compromised, but there are many ways to identify the difference between a throwaway account and a real developer:

• has the recipient devexed before?
  • has the recipient been to RDC, or the accelerator program, or otherwise been part of some other Roblox program?
  • does the recipient have any successful games on their profile?

One or some combination of these could be used to determine if the 2-week hold needs to be placed on a user joining the group.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I’d be able to get paid on time by my clients. Roblox should not be inhibiting something as important as payroll.

17 Likes

Another possibility is to pay with regular money or cryptocurrency instead of Roblox.

A lot of devs have been doing that for quite a time.

I agree with you. Although, I think the restriction should be on group status as well as the recipient, such as creation date, owner transferred date(s), and a variety of other factors to see if Robux payouts are legitimate. I have been paying people out for over a year now for a large community and it is unfortunate to schedule payments 2 weeks before they are due just in case the person has either: accidentally left, accidently been kicked, or simply has not joined/been accepted.

Not sure if this is just a me thing, but it seems that if I try to pay more than 9 people at a time it says something along the lines “Please ensure your funds… and try again.” This and the payout restriction time limit make it infuriating to pay out my staff team.

Another feature that could be helpful and alleviate fraud is budgeting; certain ranks (not just the owner) can spend x amount of Robux over y time, set by the owner, however this would have to be a feature request of it’s own.

Sorry for ranting, I just wanted to highlight some of the payout issues that could be resolved.

2 Likes

I agree with you!! The waiting time is way too long. Even though it was made to stop roblox black market, it looks like they are dead and probably went existent? Roblox should either adjust that waiting time or add some conditions that can bypass waiting time if you pass all of them.