Group Payout to Allied Groups [Group to Group Payouts]

As a developer who owns several “sub-groups” under one main studio group its impossible to manage the flow of Robux between these groups.

As of right now its impossible to do Group-to-Group payouts like you can do Group-to-User payouts as its not an option… The development studio owner has to have the Robux either be sent to their account or a “holder” account in which they can then use the Robux given to them from the sub-groups.

That being said, it is extremely inefficient way of doing it as a large portion of Robux gets lost to Roblox’s 30% “Tax” when needing to pay for commissions or other services. Not to mention, the receiving user must have premium in order to get 30% tax instead of a much higher tax rate.

Allowing us to use “Allied groups” feature that’s currently pretty much useless as a list of groups who could receive a group % cut or a group payout would significantly decrease development costs and improve development studio’s accounting management. Not to mention it would mean you don’t have to worry about a Holder account being compromised and only have one account to think about instead of multiple.

46 Likes

I see it as the ability of one company to pay another for its service, I love the idea. Real world companies outsource a lot of their work to third parties because sometimes it is more efficient. Having the ability to do that on the Roblox platform with Robux would make collaborating with other devs a lot easier.

19 Likes

Although I personally do not have any use for this as of this moment in time I can definitely see with Roblox’s push towards more company s working on Roblox that sub-group payments would be very handy for Developers in this area. I would absolutely like to see this added.

5 Likes

More companies working on roblox would want to deal with $$$ rather than robux though don’t you think? I think this idea would just lead to more money laundering from scammers and botted games to distribute to other groups. If a group is deleted and it’s owner deleted but the game still up, the group getting payouts would still be getting tons of robux.

1 Like

That’s a pretty silly excuse as this can prevented by simply taking off everyone from the payouts list or simply just preventing the group from giving robux…

1 Like

I brought it up because almost every game that has its group deleted or its owner deleted still has money going into the group, like Weight Lifting Simulator 3. I feel like Roblox doesn’t go through a full deletion process most of the time and leaves things still up where there could be a possibility of funky consequences.

On Roblox, it is generally pretty annoying to transfer funds between groups. If someone wants to be paid to their group for their work, they have to pay large fees.

My proposal is a new group-to-group payment system available to the owners of a group. The money will not be taxed, and there will be a small one day holding period. Both parties must agree to the transaction, and either party can cancel the transaction before the payment is confirmed. (e.g.: you could go on group admin and send 50,000 robux to a group for promoting your group)

If Roblox were to add this feature, it would be more simple and streamlined to transfer funds between groups.

2 Likes