Group revenue summary errors when not the owner of the group

Still experiencing it.

1 Like

I can view them on groups I can spend robux in still (still not owning the group), but I still get the error in groups I cannot spend the group robux in.

Can relate, having it too. It is annoying to not see pending sales etc.

Also still having this issue in groups that I don’t have perms to spend funds in.

1 Like

Just to verify, which permissions do you have in the group that you expect to be able to see revenue with?

This still happens to me as well, I’m the highest rank under the owner rank, have all the permissions, yet can’t view the group’s revenue summary.

Today I opened the page and it was fixed.
So, I can see the revenue page.

It’s fixed for me now, thanks.

Hi, I’m experiencing this issue;

I can’t view “Summary” but I can view “Line Item”,

I have all the Permissions except “Spend Group Funds”, which shouldn’t be the reason why I can’t view the Summary page, it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Device Info
  • Windows 10 Pro
  • Google Chrome

Not sure if this is an intended change or a bug, but it didn’t happen a week ago.

Yeah I have been getting this error for the past few days as well.

Whenever I open group admin and the revenue tab, I cannot see the group revenue summary unless I have the permission “Spend Group Funds”. I have all other permissions in the group and I can view the logs of purchases, but when I don’t have the spend group funds permission I’m given 403 forbidden.

This bug happens every time I go to look at my group’s sales. It started happening today or yesterday. I have disabled all my extensions, and since the server is returning 403 Forbidden, it wouldn’t be useful to try other browsers.

Device Info

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/78.0.3904.108 Safari/537.36
  • Platform Type: PC
  • Device Type: Computer

I am still experiencing this bug. It only started happening less then a week ago though.

For some reason, recently a change has happened where you are no longer able to see “Revenue” in groups you do not have permissions to spend funds in.

This issue began occurring a few weeks ago, and is very annoying. When I attempt to check group revenue, I’d have to go and press “Line Item” and then calculate the revenue from there.

Example;

Summary in group without permissions to spend R$

Line item in a group with permissions to spend R$

Another example in summary, but this time in a group I can spend R$ in ( permissions to use R$ for badges ads ect from group revenue )

Line item in the group I can spend R$ in

This issue is very very annoying, and has only began occurring recently.

The API https://economy.roblox.com/v1/groups/GROUPID/revenue/summary/day displays an error for any groupID whilst having a rank that doesn’t have permission to spend R$:

{"errors":[{"code":3,"message":"Insufficient permissions.","userFacingMessage":"Something went wrong"}]}

I hope this is fixed soon, have a blessed day!

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issue and would appreciate an explanation now the evidence given is vouched for. :+1:

2 Likes

Got the same issue as described over.

Summary errors, but line works fine.

As part of the new Configure Group page, we restructured which permissions provided access to which pages.

• For a user to be able to view the revenue summary of a group, they either must be a payout recipient or be able to spend group funds.
  • For a user to be able to view the transactions of a group, they must be able to spend group funds.

Previously, these were available to users who had permission to view the audit log as well. We decided to remove the overlap between these permissions and remove access to these pages if a user only has permission to view the audit log.

The effects on the old page were unintentional, but this behavior is expected going forward. If you have any concerns about this new behavior please let us know - the new permissions model is supposed to increase the usability of the page, not decrease it, and we want to provide users with the best experience possible.

It does impact my group, yes.

People have already shown some examples of why this is bad for their groups in this topic.

I do like the new UI (despite thinking it could be just a little bit smaller) and the new ways of using it, but I’m not particularly in favor of this specific change. In my case, developers see the group revenue and transactions to be able to know how well the group is doing economically, and how we can improve. Developer Stats only show this information per place, and only show the end revenue; not the total revenue, or the sales for each item.

I’m not sure what the solution could be; the current behaviour seemed good enough for me. Maybe a new permission to allow to see revenue and transactions?

I just really hope we can keep specific members of our group able to see group revenue and transactions. They already can with Developer Stats per place, so why not be able to see the global revenue in the group too?

I don’t want to have to allow developers to spend my group funds. What if one of them ever goes haywire and decides to spend all of the funds?

TL;DR: New UI is good and all, but there should be a way to allow people to see group revenue and transactions without having the group funds spending permission.

3 Likes

This impacts my group as some owners don’t want me having permissions to spend their group funds on things, but in order to provide a good experience to the people playing the game, I need to be able to verify if they’ve purchased a developer product through the revenue page. Also, I cannot see the funds for the group I’m working for or see how well we’re doing with our robux without the owner risking us being able to spend their robux on ads or whatever.

1 Like

In a group, i am in.
I used to be able to see the total, and what other users purchased, in order to check if they really bought something, and then deleted it, from their inventory.
But with this update, i don’t know if that would be possible without the access to “spend”.
Even though, people could spend, doesn’t mean some people will not spend it.
@HenryDev

I know this post was made about 2 years ago, but I cannot view my group revenue summary yet I am the owner.