Group role dropdown scaling messed up near bottom of page

I can’t even change my friends rank to a higher rank because of the current scaling on the group page, but I believe that issue only occurs with a few roles. This issue mainly depends on how many roles are in your group while attempting to update a players role in the group.

As you can see in the gif below, it only shows 2 roles although I have over 10. If you look closely you will also notice that under the “Jobs” button on the bottom of the screen you will see how bad the scaling really is at the moment as the page under the dropdown is being overlayed by the page below, which shouldn’t be hapening.

Here’s a gif of the person above the previous person, as you can see it shows most of the group roles, but for the first person I selected it didn’t show even half of the roles I have set into my group. But it still doesn’t show all of the roles I can rank someone to at this point it’s getting pretty annoying.

On the third person I selected which is three rows up from the bottom, it actually shows all of the roles I can rank to, which definitely shouldn’t be the case. It should show all of the roles I can rank to on all of the rows.

15 Likes

I am having this issue too… It seems to cut off the ranks at the bottom of the page.

1 Like

I’ve been experiencing a similar problem when looking at the group’s page. Often times, the owner role is not visible. If I reload the page, the issue may persist or it’ll resolve. There is no consistency with this though. It seems to just be completely random, independent of group.

2 Likes

Can be “temporarily” fixed if you zoomed out to 50-75%

2 Likes

Hello,

The group role context menu when you go to change a players role in your group gets hidden behind the Roblox footer at the bottom of the page. This makes it difficult to rank members on the bottom rows without searching for that specific user which is tedious.

450x250
Device Information:

• I am using dark theme (with a few style modifications)
  • User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.163 Safari/537.36
  • Platform Type: PC
  • Device Type: Computer

I’ve had to use this solution temporarily

I noticed that the list displaying roles to assign to players was limited to only 7 roles. When I scroll fast I can see there is the 8th role under but it is just impossible to select it.

What I had to do is change the order/rank of the role so that it was on the 7th position, instead of 8th before assigning a player to the role.

This happens while using Safari on my macOS.

On Google Chrome, something similar happens where when it is scrolled at max, we can only see the half of the 7th role, not has bad though because it is still possible to select it.
Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 1.10.40 PM

1 Like

I noticed that all of the dropdown boxes in the Group Settings page for Groups cannot be scrolled. This applies specifically to the dropdown boxes for changing roles and adding of social links, as these dropdown boxes are located near the bottom of the webpage, hence the likelihood of this being completely cut off as seen in the first image below:

Normally, I have my browser’s zoom at 90%, but because the dropdown boxes do not scroll, I have to zoom out to at least 50-70% just to see the rest of the dropdown box options, as seen below:

This is particularly inconvenient for users as they would be forced to zoom out just to view the rest of the dropdown box options, or worse, not knowing the other dropdown box options exist.

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue, it get’s annoying when I’m on mobile and have a hard time using the zoom in and out feature like a computer.

Here are some more screenshots of bugs around the group page:

Wall post verification/Google Chrome/Windows OS:

More of the member page getting cut off/Google Chrome/Windows OS:

Group member page:

Here is a sales page of a group I had a couple years ago, the sales page got cut off:

(This would happen for all of the time periods, Day, Week, Month, Year)

Some of the allies page was cut off:

Settings page:

Social links:

Issues on mobile:

3 Likes

Same question here, have been looking at it but it’s a surprisingly involved change if done properly -_- hopefully next week. Sorry for the issues y’all

@m6sie if you could provide the details for the device you use, it will help us make sure the changes work on it as well.

Edit: a workaround on desktop is to zoom out pretty far so the footer isn’t overlapping dropdown

5 Likes

Hey! @BitwiseAndrea Thanks for looking into this issue.

The screenshots provided were taken on a Dell Inspiron 5481 (Google Chrome, Windows OS); the screenshots that I indicated were taken on mobile, were taken on an Iphone 11.

Thank you!

2 Likes

It appears that on some groups, the website does not properly handle scrolling through group ranks, as it doesn’t let you view the top rank(s). I first noticed this issue today, and I am on Safari. The video explains it better than writing:

To try and recreate this glitch, you’d have to find a group where this issue is present-- most of them do not have this issue, however I can’t find a pattern for which groups do have this issue. The one I saw it on is https://www.roblox.com/groups/4927259/LACK#!/about

I have this issue too, there is a workaround however, search the specific player you wish to change rank and they should be at the top, no cut off from the drop down.

This issue has the same root as the members list one - the footer is “above” the rest of the page contents. There are several places this issues is present on our site, with specific configurations needed to reproduce (VIP Servers in Inventory submenu when no items are present, this group rank dropdown when the wall is not visible, configure group members rank dropdown on the bottom row). We are working on a fix for all of the related problems.

6 Likes

I’ve got this issue too , but I noticed group owners don’t have this bug, not sure if any other owner rn got it, but as far as I know group owners don’t have it

as the slightly belated two month anniversary gift to this bug being reported, it is now fixed :gift:

6 Likes