Group social links under a game page shows the old Roblox icon on the website and doesn't display at all in the Roblox apps

Hello,

When a Group social link is added to a game, it shows the old Roblox icon when viewing the game page from a website. Promidius Games Granny is used as an example to demonstrate the bugs.

Meanwhile the group social link doesn’t display at all in the Roblox Desktop and Mobile apps.

View from the Roblox Desktop app on Windows:-

View from the Roblox Mobile app on Android:-

Expected behavior

I expect the current Roblox icon to be shown on Group social links under a game page when viewed from the Roblox website and for the group social links to be displayed on the Desktop and Mobile apps.

Thank you.

1 Like

There is already a built in button, on the desktop and mobile apps no?

Developer & the Group button?

Duplicate bug report

It may be true that this bug report mentioned that the Roblox social link group icon is outdated but my bug report mentioned another bug which is that the Roblox group social link don’t even display on the Mobile and Desktop apps. So I wouldn’t say it’s fully duplicated. The main point of this bug report was for the Group social links not displaying on the Roblox apps but I reported the outdated icon issue just voluntary anyways.

1 Like

By your logic the website also has a build-in button

Yet we can see that it still has an individual social link button for groups.

Also a group social link button is useful when an experience is owned by an account and not a group.

Have you tested to see if it shows up as a social link for an account based game? It could be intentional?

I do understand where you are coming from though.

Yeah. For example Catalog Avatar Creator is owned by ItsMuneeeb and there is a Roblox group linked to the game, it shows on the Roblox website, but still doesn’t on Mobile.

Mobile app:-

There is a “group” button and it redirects you to the group so I guess that’s probably how it is implemented on Mobile. I would’ve preferred if it showed on the website way to be honest.

You are correct here, Roblox group social links get a ‘group’ option rather than a full-out social link icon on mobile / the desktop app.