Transfer game revenue to group funds

As a developer, it is exorbitantly costly to fund a new group’s development. The group starts off with 0 funds, so you can’t pay prospective developers. The only thing you can offer them is a % payout which for all they know could be very little or even 0 if the project flops. There’s no way to offer them an up-front payment from my previous work without incurring a 30% tax.

I don’t think there’s an elegant solution to this that’s easy to implement, but the use case is still real – depending on how many developers are affected by this, this may/may not be worth looking into. Others in the past have suggested allowing any type of revenue to be transferred in, but this could be used for tax evasion. We would have to somehow restrict only development income to be able to be transferred into funds tax-free.

20 Likes

this is a good idea, for my friends (irl) dont have much if any robux at all so they ask me for it and im just technicly wasting robux by putting it into the group funds and then paying them out thats 30% of the robux down the drain. support!

2 Likes

That’s not really the intended use case for this feature, but rather tax evasion. The tax is there for a reason.