Groups Now in Creator Hub, With New Roles and More! [Beta]

Hey! Yes - we’re working on more robust permissions for revenue currently. This will include a ‘view only’ version.

1 Like

This is so awesome to hear, thanks so much.

In the meantime, can you guys clarify whether the “Spend group funds” permission actually allows anyone with it to blow all the group funds on advertisements in one go? What other permissions does this setting actually entail? Would be very much appreciated as there’s some confusion around this throughout the forums.

1 Like

I’m disappointed, I see nothing new, I wish we could allow members to edit specific experiences instead of all.

this is vary helpful update to groups :smiley:

Hey -

Just as a quick heads up - we rolled out the ‘Member’ role to all Groups on Creator Hub. This is a role that everyone in your group always has (everyone’s a Member!), meaning you can use it to give out ‘default’ permissions to everyone in one go.

5 Likes

Will these new roles eliminate legacy roles as in, will roblox eventually remove legacy roles? And will these new roles be able to be displayed on the group?

Is there a way to detect what roles someone has for a group/game?

I.e. game:GetService("Players").Zirkonir:GetCollaborationRoles() or game:GetService("Players"):GetPlayerCollaborationRoles(game:GetService("Players").Zirkonir)

being able to merge this mess into one group is a dream come true :sob:

How works the group owning group can I add a group with different owner to another group and stay that owner the same but if there need to be id verified that group can get acces cuz the primary group is id verified I can’t use the ex ads rn

1 Like

When we can give experience permissions for a individual experience with creator hub roles I expected new members it should be handful if I can use the payment roles (I use to know who works on a experience) to grand permission to a experience and not others and should the hammer than apear (the leaderboard icon thingy spear if you are a Dev) @peraldon

And how the group owning group will work can I like add group b to group a with id verified owner and keep the owner of group b the same and can group b use id verified functions than and own group b group C and d then too currently I can’t use the ads thing cuz the group manager of the group I own together with @0Shank isn’t if verified

What gonna happen with the legacy roles I cliened up some legacy roles cuz I don’t need them with the new roles I has two partner roles partner and Dev partner I can use them currently to perm users permissions but I will use them for the community prefer and how works seen roles in the future like I can grand users permissions trough Dev role and make in creator hub a head Dev roles etc owner each with different permission but if should be fine if I can show that in the group so people know you are Dev or owner

1 Like

Is this out yet? Was wondering because the /dashboard link was a 404., and I can see anything in the developer portal.

Are the roles going to be displayed on the main group page?

Nope, they can only be displayed on the Creator Hub.

So I actually really like these Creator Hub group roles, played around with them a little bit. I don’t have to create one rank with studio access and then raise it above everyone else’s roles so people don’t accidentally or maliciously promote to that role. People can have their normal community roles but also group game access without enabling it for an entire rank. Really nice.

Still curious on the question I asked though, if this is intended to superseded legacy roles or not.

When we are able to grant with this roles only for specific experiences on creator hub it’s especially handful for game jams

@peraldon I have a question will some sub roles be visible on the group page like next to Thier name or something I will use it to split people in a specific role now Devs and head Devs are share one role but group members don’t see them as head Dev

And what about permissions for a specific experience like role 1 can edit experience a and C but not b

And how it works with making avatar items or API keys where to manage or need it in legacy roles

1 Like

With the recent announcement of the Ban API, will we get a granular permission to allow access to the Moderation section of the Dashboard? It would be the perfect solution to deal with bans in my group’s experience.

5 Likes

I have noticed new permissions have appeared in the dashboard (I bet not officially for now) which is nice, however, is there any date (circa) around which the game-specific permissions would be rolled out?

Not entirely sure if this has already been answered/addressed in this thread yet, but I’m unable to customize my collaboration settings for the new creator hub roles.

1 Like

These features have been great. I’d love to see more features with the store functionality & finances tab. Many UGC based groups have different designers and instead of doing the manual payouts, they have percentages set up for different developers. A system where you can give a certain percentage to the creator of a certain accessory would be nice. Sure, it could be a lot to manage on the owner’s end but I think the net benefits overall are positive.

1 Like