Guide: Making Efficient Terrain

Hello everyone, earlier today I found out a cool way of making efficient terrain, and I have not seen any other guide on this yet so I thought I would share it.

Plugins you need:

Step 1

Open up Meshy Terrain Editor and generate some triangle terrain. These are the dimensions I used.

Step 2

Set Lock Triangles option to true and Triangle Thickness to 4.

Step 3

Use meshy’s brush tool to move the terrain around to your liking or you can also just move the nodes and the terrain will auto update.

This is what mine will look like.

Step 4

Now select the “triangles” folder which is located in the meshy folder which should be in the workspace.

Open stravants part to terrain plugin with the triangle folder select and click the convert button.

Now you can delete the Meshy folder since you no longer need the triangle parts.

Step 5

All that is left is to edit the terrain to your liking and making it presentable.

When you generate the terrain their will most likely be small gaps around the map. So what I do is use roblox’s terrain editor plugin and use the grow tool to fill in these gaps.

So essentially all we are doing is using Meshy Terrain Editor to create a triangle terrain; then using Part to terrain to convert the triangle terrain to roblox terrain.

What this achieves is creates terrain that looks like this. Which is lower voxel count since its only terrain that will be visible to the player.

5 Likes